Parker's Enclosures Statement

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzlizardking

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I would like to apologise to any buyers who have been inconvenienced by delays receiving their goods. We have had some unavoidable difficulties and have unfortunately become overwhelmed by these recently. A number of people were affected by the closure of the Newcastle branch of the courier company I used and my difficulty finding a replacement with fair prices. I would like to point out that I am not a large company - I began making enclosures for friends as a hobby and had great support and encouragement to make more and expand. It is very difficult to expand, however, when I run into people with unfair demands. If I am asked to build an enclosure, I need to purchase very expensive materials to do that. I cannot return those materials, ie, wood and glass that been cut to size, so I am stuck with the cost if the person ordering an enclosure changes their mind. If someone receives an item they are not happy with (which has only ever happened once) I cannot go out and send them another one or return their money until the item is returned to me - just as any shop will not give you a replacement or refund until they have their item returned. I offered to do this and the person refused and then continues to call me a criminal and thief for months on end!! Insurance is an option people are able to take if they wish. Sadly, I have been very disappointed by the attitude of several APS members who are only too willing to jump in and condemn someone who is having a struggle and who has nothing but good intentions. I have not set out to inconvenience or upset anyone. I admit I have difficulties coping with pressures and still have a lot to learn about time management and all the skills involved in running a business, but I have certainly never done anything to cheat anyone.

After jerking me around for months, calling me a liar, telling people I threatened your partner, telling me you had sent the enclosures when you hadn't, accusing me of deliberately breaking the light fittings, you expect me to send the enclosures back to you to start all over again. Let's face it Darryn, you have a problem. Like an alcoholic with a problem, the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. That is not saying I was at fault - you were.

Be a man now and right your wrong. You've done me wrong. Send me my money back and I'll send you your enclosures (at your cost). You deliberately sent me the wrong size (admit it) and I am not liable for costs. We've gone through this before and now your actions have caught up with you.

I'm sure there are many people who would be interested in the outcome of our dispute.

from what i have seen all your products are good quality the designs and colors are great and are priced well the only thing that has stopped me purchasing from you is the fact that i am planing a move back to the east coast soon, but once i am established i will be deffenantly ordering some homes for my rapidly expanding collection ..

I would like to apologise to any buyers who have been inconvenienced by delays receiving their goods. I admit I have difficulties coping with pressures and still have a lot to learn about time management and all the skills involved in running a business, but I have certainly never done anything to cheat anyone.

Let's face it Darryn, you have a problem. Like an alcoholic with a problem, the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. That is not saying I was at fault - you were..

Pretty sure he just admitted it, spilota. Everybody chill out and act civil in this thread. If you want to say something nasty, leave it out of here. :)

Vince.

What I don't understand is why do you keep accepting money (which are full payments) when you know that you won't be able to finish or even start to build the enclosures in the time period you promise?
And lets face it materials aren't as expensive as you are trying to tell everyone they are, A 4x2x2 with glass and a ceramic light fitting costs me $100 and that is without a lip below or above the glass which I see is on all your enclosures, And as I don't have an abn number or any contacts for supplies I pay full retail price.

People if you want an enclosure do yourself a favour and build it yourself that way if anything stuff up on it you know it was your fault and you won't need to chase con men who won't give you a refund.
Goto bunnings and buy yourself some 16mm melamine ($35 a sheet), Get your glass from a local glazier and nails and "liquid nails" from bunnings or your local hardware

Just give them their money back, Its the only way anybody will be buying off you in the future

I've got no problem's with delays.
Being lied to is my problem !!!!
As by the respones on the other two threads, I can see I'm not the only one.
What a shame, as he's products when complete are of a good standard.
There's definately a HUGE problem in his neck of the woods.

And lets face it materials aren't as expensive as you are trying to tell everyone they are, A 4x2x2 with glass and a ceramic light fitting costs me $100 and that is without a lip below or above the glass which I see is on all your enclosures, And as I don't have an abn number or any contacts for supplies I pay full retail price.

The glass would cost nearly 100 on its own...

We just bought 2 sheets of glass 500ml by 220ml and 5ml thick for $32 - I dont know where your buying your glass!!

We just bought 2 sheets of glass 500ml by 220ml and 5ml thick for $32 - I dont know where your buying your glass!!

Those two pieces might be good for a smaller tank but are hardly going to work for a 4x2x2. I paid 90 bucks for 2 x 510mm by 600mm.(smoothed edges) 5ml thick.

I don't want to comment on the whole Parker Enclosure debarcle, however I recently built two 4 foot enclosures and paid $70 for 4 pieces of glass. Shop around people, it's worth it!

Pretty sure he just admitted it, spilota. Everybody chill out and act civil in this thread. If you want to say something nasty, leave it out of here. :)

Vince.

I don't know about you, Vince, but I would be pretty angry if someone sent me, a) the wrong sized enclosure than what was payed for, b) sent an enclosure that was unusable due to many faults and therefore owed me a grand or so (or however much was payed), and c) when he was confronted about the above told me he didn't send the wrong size viv when he obviously did and then had the gall to tell me the light fittings were broken by yours truely.

And lets not forget the claims, whether or not true, that he threatened legal action and said that spilota threatened his partner. As I said, I don't know whether these are true or not and I don't want to get in trouble in the case they aren't, but in reading the above I am certainly not willing to dimiss it.

I applaud Darryn for coming forward and apologising, and I am sorry, Darryn, that you have been having a hard time as of lately but I think that you were wrong to continue your business when you obviously weren't up to it. You must have known that in doing so you wronged many customers.

I don't think you should stop making enclosures, but in my opinion I think you should either stop freighting and do pick up only or just be truthful when there is going to be a delay instead of saying it will be there in a week and then getting angry when people expect it to have arrived a month or so later.

Just my opinons on the matter.

Despite all this, I hope you get on your feet again Darryn.

Goto bunnings and buy yourself some 16mm melamine ($35 a sheet),

When we built our tank mister ply told us that he gets his wood off them
16mm high mostiture resistant melamine cost $52 plus all the cuts.
bunnings only sell normal 16mm melamine and their cuts are off square

1st post?

What I don't understand is why do you keep accepting money (which are full payments) when you know that you won't be able to finish or even start to build the enclosures in the time period you promise?

People if you want an enclosure do yourself a favour and build it yourself that way if anything stuff up on it you know it was your fault and you won't need to chase con men who won't give you a refund.
Goto bunnings and buy yourself some 16mm melamine ($35 a sheet), Get your glass from a local glazier and nails and "liquid nails" from bunnings or your local hardware

Just give them their money back, Its the only way anybody will be buying off you in the future

What a strange 1st post... (sounds like an existing member under an anonymous account)

I agree with the 'build your own theory';) more satisfying, generally cheaper, and you've only got yourself to blame if it's not ready in time or the handiwork is dodgy :lol::lol::lol:

hi all,
glass isn't as exspensive as most would think, i recently purchased a piece of toughened safety glass measuring 1700x700x6mm cut to my request with smoothened edges for $120 at full price and another piece of the same glass measuring 850mmx250mmx6mm for $25
i thought it was going to cost a heap more!!

Good luck getting everything sorted out. Sounds like you've had some problems and may need to take extra steps to remove the smear on your reputation.

I build my own enclosures and started doing so because of the serious lack of businesses offering quality enclosures at reasonable prices. Parkers' enclosures are cheaper then any other enclosures I've seen available and they are one of only a few people who will deliver enclosures (by the looks of it) nation wide. Getting this up and running can't be easy as another Sydney company (Aquafurn) has been reported as going voluntarily ceasing production http://bankrupt.com/TCRAP_Public/060810.mbx

As for the accusations of wrong doing in continuing to sell enclosures despite having problems keeping up production; when you're business is your livelihood, you have no choice. This reeks of expansion problems in moving from a local supplier to a national supplier of enclosures. I for one hope to see the business in full swing as the easy cheap supply of quality enclosures will only serve to expand the hobby rather then people seeing the $1500+ startup costs offered by local pet stores.

Good luck in cleaning house, some people can't be pleased, but appease the genuine cases and the damage is repairable.

If anyone wants to teach me how to build an enclosure - or anything - put your hands up... i'm probably the most unco-ordinated person in the world. Probably couldn't make a matchbox if my life depended on it... if only it was that easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back