Pet Shop should be shut down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Solution

I have spoken to the Pet Industry Association of Australia, they are totally
prepared to discuss this with RSPCA if someone wants to put in a written
complaint. Write to [email protected]. They have undertaken to get back to
anyone who writes in. They have also told me that there is no Victorian Pet
Shop on their Board of Directors. "

Cheers,
Chris

Cheers,
Chris

well done mate, you really put in the effort and went out of your way ;)

well done mate, you really put in the effort and went out of your way ;)
I just made a few calls, Now its up to people that have been to the shop and are not happy with the condition of the animals and the way they are kept to put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) to make a difference. ;)
BTW that goes for any shop.

and people want to allow NSW "pet shops" to sell reptiles and no doubt similar incidents to this will happen :rolleyes:
oooooh I can hardly wait..
I think that in NSW we should have to have a license to sell reptiles in petstores and officials to "anonomouse searching where they only tell them that they have been tested when there done, without a warning or anything, no clipboard or anything.

The more posts about this particular shop the better i reckon.
They has been getting away with it for years.
Last time my wife and i went there she came away crying and i wasnt to happy either.
i got into an argument with the staff and got banned.
I ould design a petition for you to put up around your communitee to get it shut down.

WIll

Why doesnt everyone that lives locally to the store setup a roster of some sort to have one person visit the store on a random day each week...

Then, every time the visiting person sees animals in neglect, they write in to the RSPCA and the PIAA to make a formal complaint...

When the store gets cleaned up due to a RSPCA visit, you keep the roster going and when it falls to **** again, start making the written complaints again...

Its a lot of effort, but in the end it will likely be far more effective than anything else that could get you into a lot of trouble (such as taking photos on private property without the owners consent, or embarking on a harrassment campaign against the store)...

This is the best approach to getting something done and it is also legal.

Cheers,
Chris

I agree Geck82. Unfortunately I don't live close enough to visit the shop myself and writing a letter that isn't based on first hand knowledge is unlikely to be acted upon.
Plenty of people on this site have been to the shop so hopefully they have sent letters and are waiting to hear back.
I think Zoltag has a valid point too. People should continue to write letters every time the standards drop back down.

i did get footage but i was told by the rspca not to post it on you tube as they are using it for there investigation apparently someone went through the shop and have put them under watching i will know more in the next week so fingers crossed.
Also my local council is on board....so there is hope

The more posts about this particular shop the better i reckon.
They has been getting away with it for years.
Last time my wife and i went there she came away crying and i wasnt to happy either.
i got into an argument with the staff and got banned.

i went into this shop to buy my first snake was really disappointed :( was wanting a childrens python and put a deposit on the snake ( which i have now lost) i wanted to see the snake feed before i took it home and they refused i then was told to speak to the manager which lead into a heated agurment which has left me unabe to go into the store. i was told i couldnt recieve my deposit back as i was changing my mind. i wasnt changing my mind i just wanted to know it feed before i took it home as i got told different thing everytime i went into the store. there were lizards injured and other dead reptiles :x. i wanted to just take all the animals cause it was horrible. rang up dse not much they could do. i have heard the owner of this particular store is a board member in the dse?????

did anyone see the sugargliders that springvale have in that tiny cage?
let alone the dead/sick bearded dragons, and the lamb running around?

i went into this shop to buy my first snake was really disappointed :( was wanting a childrens python and put a deposit on the snake ( which i have now lost) i wanted to see the snake feed before i took it home and they refused i then was told to speak to the manager which lead into a heated agurment which has left me unabe to go into the store. i was told i couldnt recieve my deposit back as i was changing my mind. i wasnt changing my mind i just wanted to know it feed before i took it home as i got told different thing everytime i went into the store. there were lizards injured and other dead reptiles :x. i wanted to just take all the animals cause it was horrible. rang up dse not much they could do. i have heard the owner of this particular store is a board member in the dse?????

You may have a case with Consumer Affairs? or Department of fair Trading. You have every right, as a customer to request observation of the animal's wellbeing and he as a trader I am pretty sure has no right to refuse. His standards are "No refund for change of mind" not because he doesn't want to provide you with the information you are entitled to.

Regardless whether the shop advertises a no refund policy, it is stated by the office of fair trading that if the item is faulty or not as described can be refunded.
Take them to small claims....

pfft refund policy! Address please PM me if you have to!? I'll go in there with a hidden camera and everything needed to have them shut down. Sick of people like this.

oh and you all need to know, shutting a place like this down generally means euthanised animals, so I hope u'r in a buying mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back