Pet Store on SPRINGVALE RD, VICTORIA! Urgent! Need your help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a barricade on the door late friday night so the re is no opening on Sat morning. Im sure that people are following official chanells but what about Mayhem.Paper all over the windows saying "closed down due to animal cruelty," Im in for friday night if anyones game.:x
they have security cameras and razor wire fencing im pretty sure but i have heard of something like that being done i think they put concrete formwork around the door and poored in concrete. i wonder if araldite comes in 44gallon drums:lol:

why dont we all go there and protest you might get the cops and news reporters there and video inside that so called shop just my 2 cents worth

why dont we all go there and protest you might get the cops and news reporters there and video inside that so called shop just my 2 cents worth

I think protest is a great idea. We did a protest once about a dog - rang the media, they asked how many where going to be in the protest, as soon as we told them they were there. The media love that sort of stuff - their ratings go right up when it is cruelty issues. If I wasn't in Qld - I would definately do the protest. I have involved the media twice with cruelty issues - the other was a horse. It worked wonders.

Perhaps consult some of the friendly ppl at your local motorcycle club, many of those guys like reptiles and stuff....

You could also hang around outside handing out fliers to anyone who goes in there.

Why don't a few of you that are close to the shop go there & absolutely blast the owners.I'd be going in there with cameras & friends & tell them straight to there faces that you are taking pics for evidence & they will be seeing them selves on Today Tonight in the near future.If they threaten to call the police then tell them that would be a great start.They might at least do something about the look of the place

Last edited:
If you are going to protest......do it peacefully.
If you carry on pathetic...no-one could be bothered with what you are on about and you will be looked upon no better than the people who run these places.

I agree with Fay/Garth. I would probably feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions too loudly but I'm more than willing to help out by providing my presence or anything else reasonable that is decided upon.

Also going in there and blasting them may not work too well as when I was there it was very difficult to even find a staff member! You would need to make sure the manager or owner was around, as all I found were two young assistants.

Approach the store & demand to speak to the owner & if they are not there then find out when they will be.There is a way to be forceful & demanding without being rude & pathetic :)

the worst thing is the manager (sarah) is a 19 yr old girl that i dont reckon is up to the job of running the place. she was in the same year of school as me, we went to neighbouring schools but i hang out with people from her school. i only found out she worked/ran the place after visiting when the last thread of this store was up

for all you wondering its the petstore next to the bp service station near the westall rd extension. bloody horrible place. i was there once to buy some crix cos i was in the area, all the packets were dead, and the substrate was mouldy.

Update
My girlfriend sent me an email saying that the department would like to know who can verifiy a date that they were in the store and also how long they spent in there.This is all I was asked for sorry I dont have any more information at this stage but it looks like they are taking this seriously so a few dates and times shouldnt be a problem to help them with thier enquiry.
This is a copy of the exact email i received obviously without the email addy or name attached.
Hi Kazzy,
I am being asked if anyone can supply the date they attended and how
long there were in there for.
Can you help.

Thanks
xxooxx

the worst thing is the manager (sarah) is a 19 yr old girl that i dont reckon is up to the job of running the place. she was in the same year of school as me, we went to neighbouring schools but i hang out with people from her school. i only found out she worked/ran the place after visiting when the last thread of this store was up

for all you wondering its the petstore next to the bp service station near the westall rd extension. bloody horrible place. i was there once to buy some crix cos i was in the area, all the packets were dead, and the substrate was mouldy.
its always been filthy i remember going there for the first time 8 or 9 years ago and their aviaries were disgusting so not much has changed really:(

today tonight is the most powerful ally you have.

then ACA will run another story with a different spin on it.

I hate both shows but you have to admit, they can move mountains.

Thanks for that link Jozz!

This place needs to be shut down asap!

If some more Melb people can get pics inside even with their camera phone so it's not as obvious then that would help alot!!! I just ish I had the time and money to get there myself and get a load of movie footage and pics!

Those poor animals!!!

Update

This is a copy of the exact email i received obviously without the email addy or name attached.

Hi Kazzy,
I am being asked if anyone can supply the date they attended and how
long there were in there for.
Can you help.

Thanks
xxooxx

Please dont make me look stupid :( Ive been trying to get something happening with this pet shop but my friend NEEDS some dates as written above. For obvious reasons I cant use her name but she IS fighting this cause with us.

Hi Odessa, here's my post on another thread from 1st August, I was there for about 45 mins:

I just visited this petshop for the first time today and left feeling very sad, especially for the dogs. Large dogs in tiny enclosures, one very young puppy looking scared and helpless in an enclosure with a bunch of rowdy older dogs...etc...
What happened with that poll? It's not there anymore, I can't remember what it said. Has anything further happened with these guys?

I wish I had taken my camera, just to let people know if you are thinking about going there, you shouldn't have much trouble taking photos as there probably won't be any staff around to watch you anyway. There were two kelpies in an unlocked enclosure, I opened the door and patted them for a while and nobody even knew (oh how I wanted to grab them and take them home!).

If I get a chance I'll head back there for pics.

Last edited:
I just got back from this shop and as a former animal technician it is my opinion that this is an overall disgrace.
Many of the animals there I would regard as un-sellable, it appears that a lot of the animals have been there for some time, there were many cats and some dogs that were well past the cute and cuddly stage, making them even harder to sell.

My initial impression was that the herp was possibly too cold, there are many dragons with only half a tail, there was a ridgy which looked blind in one eye, possible as a result of an injury or infection. There is also a gippy Water Dragon which is badly emaciated. There were a couple types of dragons and snakes that looked ok but I would put this down to the fact that they probably haven't been there very long.

The area where birds of prey, blue wing kookaburra's etc were being housed has been chained off and I couldn't really see much in there apart from some peacocks.

One of the snake cages had had the front covered with newspaper the lights were on but I couldn't see what was going on there.

The bottom line is that these animals are just going to continue to sit there because lets face it, who is going to buy a lizard with no tail or a gippy that looks near death. The overall hygiene was very poor many of the animals had soiled water and some had none at all.

As we were leaving we noticed some of the advertisements on the front of the building boasting over 6000 animals on display, we also noticed a large warning sign saying: No Camera's, No Video Camera's or Digital Devices etc.

The DSE and animal welfare organizations really need to act on this one and ensure that it doesn't continue to happen there or anywhere else!

I did take pic's with my mobile and I am considering posting later although I am concerned about the legality of doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back