Phobias.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grannieannie.... don't go to Melbourne!

Cockroaches, I scream like the girl I am and run for the hills. Did have one for rats... til I had to work with them and breed them. Still don't like them but I have had a pet one. PS if anyone breeds them for pets and have a nice salmon roe eyed golden female PM me please. I miss Honey. She smelt like mandarins
I fear unfamiliar heights but my biggest all time fear that will send me to the funny farm is leeches. The last time I saw them... and was surrounded by them I had a complete nervous breakdown even though none of them bit me. It took days to get over it and I avoid the bush like the plague when it's wet. I never want to experience that again. Not bad for someone who loves spiders and scorpions. Phobias are not fun. I don't like bees or wasps cause I have a bad reaction to their sting

Don't go to Melbourne....why not ??? I love Melbourne, my brother lives there and my son lives in Geelong. LOL

Spiders and snakes . Im one who tries to face my fears , when I was younger I used to get my mum to catch Huntsmen and release them in my bedroom . I am not too bad with Huntsmen now but all black spiders get a can of spray and a shoe. I currently own 6 pythons and have owned 10 previously , my fear is still there though, probably worse now than when I first got them . Im mostly scared of being bitten and yes I know smaller snake bites dont hurt . I used to buy handled snakes that were tame but now only buy unhandled snappy buggers , go figure

escalators.... HUGE ones! Oh and I have a fear of vet surgeries.... massive huge bad experience in one. I have panic attacks if I have to take a sick animal

Maggots. Oh god...I came downstairs one day and some had hatched in the kitchen bin, were all over the floor..I was on my knees dry retching. Had to hose them out through the back door.

Maggots. Oh god...I came downstairs one day and some had hatched in the kitchen bin, were all over the floor..I was on my knees dry retching. Had to hose them out through the back door.

Maggots, I don't really think I've seen too many of them...I think they're kinda cute little white things aren't they ?? I saw a doco once where they used to put specially bred lab ones onto peoples infected sores...they only eat bad flesh, and the maggots use to clean the infections....sounds a bit creepy though.

You wouldn't have liked the experience that put me off them then: My ex and I had argued about taking the rubbish bag out for a week. One day I walked into the kitchen to find that he'd put it on top of the microwave on the bench... and the whole thing was moving. I lifted it to take it out, next thing the bag exploded and the little things went EVERWHERE. Down my shirt, all over the bench, the floor, there was darn near no food waste left in the bag. Blaaaargh!
I vacuumed them up and threw the bag down the end of the yard, then told him to go clear up the mess there. *heebies!*

Maggots? With thanks to my dogs, I now refer to them as "wriggly rice", coz they loooove them. It's pretty gross.

I also have a fear of getting home later than i'd planned to, mostly because I did that just under a year ago to come home and find that my two ferrets had gotten out. i got one back, but the dogs had killed my boy (not on purpose, they would have been playing with him and stomped him. he had crushed ribs but no other damage.) and again, about a month after that i got stuck at bunnings for ages while buying supplies to completely secure the chicken coop they lived in, and one of the dogs had pushed through the mesh. I lost both my girls, and found them six weeks later when we had blocked drains :'( Another time I stayed back at work because it was busy and i was broke, I got home and found my sister's mini-pig had gone into septic shock and had to rush him to the vet. He died too. So not really irrational, but sometimes when i'm on my way home if i've been held up along the way, i have a little panic attack, and without fail, the first thing i do when i get home is go around and check on all the animals.

Maggots? With thanks to my dogs, I now refer to them as "wriggly rice", coz they loooove them. It's pretty gross.

I also have a fear of getting home later than i'd planned to, mostly because I did that just under a year ago to come home and find that my two ferrets had gotten out. i got one back, but the dogs had killed my boy (not on purpose, they would have been playing with him and stomped him. he had crushed ribs but no other damage.) and again, about a month after that i got stuck at bunnings for ages while buying supplies to completely secure the chicken coop they lived in, and one of the dogs had pushed through the mesh. I lost both my girls, and found them six weeks later when we had blocked drains :'( Another time I stayed back at work because it was busy and i was broke, I got home and found my sister's mini-pig had gone into septic shock and had to rush him to the vet. He died too. So not really irrational, but sometimes when i'm on my way home if i've been held up along the way, i have a little panic attack, and without fail, the first thing i do when i get home is go around and check on all the animals.

With results like that I don't blame you, I'd do the same thing :(

Yeah, all of this, and various other awful animal-related things happened last year. it was freaking terrible, and by the end of the year i was about ready to give up and get rid of all my pets just so i didn't kill any more of them. I made it through the year though, and here's hoping this one will be better!:D

I faint talking about blood tests and the mechanics of it, anything to do with blood tests and IVs. I'm fine with vaccinations though. I even have anxiety attacks with getting my blood pressure.

I don't like being in high places without a harness or some kind of safety device. I'm not afraid of heights, just the faling part lol.
At work, I can happily work on 50m antenna masts as long as I have my harness but I can't stand on top of a 6 foot ladder without a harness.

Surgery, having medical conditions (gotta deal with this every day aha!), meeting new people and isolation.

Drowning....................In a bathtub full of custard and strawberry jelly whilst fighting with a trio of Mexican Transvestites with Nikki Webster's "Strawberry Kisses" is playing in the distance.

Nothing really.

Heights, water, clowns etc, etc. None of it gets under my skin.

Drowning....................In a bathtub full of custard and strawberry jelly whilst fighting with a trio of Mexican Transvestites with Nikki Webster's "Strawberry Kisses" is playing in the distance.

QUOTE]

LMFAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back