Phobias.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a fear of catching sports balls, footballs, basketballs, tennisballs, baseballs... they just freak me out, Spiders scare me ALOT, and im not a small kid.. so my friends love it when my deep voice goes to a high pitch squeek when a spider is around :) I have a massive fear of dying early, i want to get the most out of life, and i am scared of stuff near my eyes, thats all i can think of at the moment, and just a side note, Thanks For These Awesome Thread Topics Annie, i love reading them :) And hopefully no one thinks im weird lol

LOL Jack...well, honey, I'm glad my threads amuse you...LOL...I'm actually very surprised at the number of responses they get....and I've been weird all my life....damn, hate the thought of being dull, colourless and boring. :lol:

Actually there's one I didn't think of: I wouldn't. No way, the mere thought makes me feel sick... I can't even watch someone else in hospital even on TV having a transfusion or a transplant. My mum doesn't agree with me, but the thought gives me the absolute heebies. Even if it was to save my life, I just don't think it would be worth it to feel like I wanted to rip my own body apart to get it out. Urgh... and those people who get hand transplants and the like? Forget about it; that just reminded me of another one: Fear of corpses. Animals I can just handle, though they make me jumpy, people no way. I can't watch zombie movies to save my life, I just handled the original Dawn of the Dead because it's cheesy as, it still gave me nightmares though, but the rehash? AAARGH! I can't believe they made them run! So hand and face transplant patients are a good ol' ball of fun for me: Dead man's hands... don't touch me!
Don't get me wrong, I understand other people doing it, but don't come anywhere near me with other people's blood and organs. They can go to someone who'll appreciate them, thankyou very much!

I agree with you... T O T A L L Y .... with everything you said. When I had my mastectomy last year I had to sign a document saying I'd agree to have a transfusion if necessary... I signed very reluctantly....I wouldn't sign again. And it's not for religious reasons, I think there is a religion, JWs or someone, who say it's against their religion. I just hate the thought of having someone elses ... stuff ...in me. Maybe if I was a young person....like the lass on here who's waiting for a double lung transplant, then fine.....but I'm happy with the length of time I've lived and I could drop dead tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me.

I think before you can get an organ they psych you out pretty well to make sure you're not just physically well enough to accept it, but mentally too.

Well our family is rather weird and wacky, so life is always amusing, my friends think im weird when i run down the school corridors yelling, but why not :) Oh while i write this i might as well add a important phobia, I hate swimming in pools and the ocean... Im fine in boats, and planes (why not) i've only been on one twice to qld and back, the whole time i was damp with sweat and close to tears, shaking, it wasn't fun... And cannot wait to see more responces

Edit: I don't mind getting imunisations, and i am going to sign up to be a blood donor as soon as possible, but when i talk about blood, it gets me a bit sick in the tummy :p but seeing it im fine

Well our family is rather weird and wacky, so life is always amusing, my friends think im weird when i run down the school corridors yelling, but why not :) Oh while i write this i might as well add a important phobia, I hate swimming in pools and the ocean... Im fine in boats, and planes (why not) i've only been on one twice to qld and back, the whole time i was damp with sweat and close to tears, shaking, it wasn't fun... And cannot wait to see more responces

Edit: I don't mind getting imunisations, and i am going to sign up to be a blood donor as soon as possible, but when i talk about blood, it gets me a bit sick in the tummy :p but seeing it im fine

Well Jack, you sound like a pretty special young bloke to me....and if running down school corridors yelling is the worst thing you ever do in your life, you haven't got much to worry about mate. :D Giving blood is good...I can't do it, I'm taking too many medications...they won't let me.

Cheers Annie :), And As Long As You Can Make A Difference In Your Life, Doesn't Matter How, You'll Change Someones Life :)

Kinda Like Making This Post, Gave Me A Good Read And A Little Chuckle, Not In A Mean Way, Its Not Going To Change My Life, But it Brightened Up My Rather Miserable Day :)

Last edited:
I have a phobia of candles.

Interesting....what is it about them you don't like...

Cheers Annie :), And As Long As You Can Make A Difference In Your Life, Doesn't Matter How, You'll Change Someones Life :)

Kinda Like Making This Post, Gave Me A Good Read And A Little Chuckle, Not In A Mean Way, Its Not Going To Change My Life, But it Brightened Up My Rather Miserable Day :)

Well hun, you just have to listen to the news and see what's going on in peoples day to day lives and a lot of it isn't good, so I figure if we can laugh at a few trivial things....and certainly phobias aren't trivial to those experiencing them...if we can get a bit of an insight into other people, then it will distract us from our own problems for a moment maybe. ;)

Last edited:
Looks like someone on APS has a phobia of a reptile related news story that came out today. No mention of it on APS?!

So true annie, i often complain about having a bad day, then realise that people are being tortured in other countries every day of their lives, Some people dont see that though

The other half has a fear of anything flying into his ears! His younger bro had one of them Click-click beetles (not sure of the name they just jump and make a click sound) in his ear for over a week! They took him to the Doc and the Doc said he could not see a thing (how you can miss a whole beetle I dont know!) So they drove 4 5 hrs to the hospital and the Doc on there flushed his ear out and there it was! It had been scratching at his ear drum for a few days before it died!!! He has scaring on it still!!!

Just Some More...
Fear Of Big Dogs
Fear Of Bus's, Even Though I Catch Them Every Day
Fear Of ButterFlys
Fear Of Those Skinless Cats, I Have Nightmares Of Them Attacking Me In Masses, Feel Free To Have A Laugh
Every Time I Turn On The Stove I Feel Like Its Going To Blow Up, Again, Feel Free To Laugh

Hope you enjoy these ones :)

I have a fear of balloons...
When I was little, I had one pop in my face and it managed to get my eye...
Went to the doctor, it had scratched my eye, hurt like hell and I couldn't see properly for a week

:( How sad!! A similar thing happened to me at my last rental property, i was running late & wasnt home before the real estate lady turned up, she let my daughters kitten out, 3 days later & plenty of searching & door knocking, i found the poor kitty only after turning the washing machine on & my house flooding.......it had fallen in a drain out at the back door from the laundry & drowned. :( That was the most disgusting thing to have to pull from the drain......it was so swollen it was close to explosion.......my neighbour disposed of it for me, while i tried comforting my little girl!

That's awful:(
My girls were in there for 6 weeks, it was quite disgusting. The worst part was having to pull them out and them practically falling to pieces as we were doing it. While we were out the front burying them, one of my dogs came along right behind us and the best way to describe it: she passionately made out with the drain for about 20 minutes. as if that wasn't bad enough, the other ones were rolling around on the lawn where we'd put them down to find something to put them in.

Just Some More...
Fear Of Big Dogs
Fear Of Bus's, Even Though I Catch Them Every Day
Fear Of ButterFlys
Fear Of Those Skinless Cats, I Have Nightmares Of Them Attacking Me In Masses, Feel Free To Have A Laugh
Every Time I Turn On The Stove I Feel Like Its Going To Blow Up, Again, Feel Free To Laugh

Hope you enjoy these ones :)

Nothing to laugh about mate....fears are fears and your emotions are real.... xxx

Oh yes, how did i forget!! I cannot blow balloons up, nor can i touch them once blown up........my kids are not aloud balloons!!

Fair enough.....

anything I can't fight, or defeat in some way

Maggots, I don't really think I've seen too many of them...I think they're kinda cute little white things aren't they ?? I saw a doco once where they used to put specially bred lab ones onto peoples infected sores...they only eat bad flesh, and the maggots use to clean the infections....sounds a bit creepy though.

Well I got my toe done by the lawn mower, walked 100m up to the house leaving a thick trail of blood behind me,
and if you think it ends there it doesn't, they put an open cast on it evan tho it was only the toe that was hurt and there were flies landing on it (i stoped them with a cloth)
but then a few days later I was getting stabbs of pain in my toes, at first the docs wouldn't take the cast off but when they finaly did there was maggots all over it.
and not to mention the amount of times I stubbed it :(
and when the time came for the stitches to come out, the appointment was canceled, and the stitches were I can't remember how many weeks over due to come out,
so there was a layer of skin over them and the docs just got a hooked tool and riped the skin off to get to the stitches out
hows that :)

pics here - http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/chit-chat-39/painful-experiences-graphic-pics-169160/

Last edited:
I used to have a fear of sharks when younger and flying. Now that I have flown nearly 70 times commercially and have swam with sharks I don't think I really have any phobias.

I hereby crown Annie as APS Therapist!

"mmm, and how does that make you feel?"

Congratulations, use your wisdom wisely ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back