• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pilbara Pythons up-dated available stock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exportation of Reptiles Explanation

Unfortunately this extra $180 dollars charged for reptile exportation out of W.A is a fee that is charged by the Department of Environment and Conservation (D.E.C.) to us and is then simply passed on to the consumer by us.
The $180 fee that D.E.C charges for a consignment (export shipment) covers up to 5 reptiles in that consignment e.g. $36 per reptile. Any additional reptiles added to a consignment are charged at $10 each additional reptile with no maximum in regards to reptile numbers exported. If there was only to be one single reptile exported, the fee is still $180 because this is the minimum that the D.E.C charges per consignment. Clearly it only works out to be cheaper per reptile the more that is exported on the one consignment. We may not be particularly happy with these additional fees that the D.E.C impose but have no choice in the matter.

Exportation of Reptiles Explanation

Unfortunately this extra $180 dollars charged for reptile exportation out of W.A is a fee that is charged by the Department of Environment and Conservation (D.E.C.) to us and is then simply passed on to the consumer by us.
The $180 fee that D.E.C charges for a consignment (export shipment) covers up to 5 reptiles in that consignment e.g. $36 per reptile. Any additional reptiles added to a consignment are charged at $10 each additional reptile with no maximum in regards to reptile numbers exported. If there was only to be one single reptile exported, the fee is still $180 because this is the minimum that the D.E.C charges per consignment. Clearly it only works out to be cheaper per reptile the more that is exported on the one consignment. We may not be particularly happy with these additional fees that the D.E.C impose but have no choice in the matter.

Ok thanks for that..... Can cope with 5 for 180

hey dave, what types of monitors will you have and when? im very keen to get some pygmy monitors for WA

re Pilbara

yeh the monitors are the go,espescially the red acanthurus they get there,seen acks on reptile trader but not sure if they are the pilbarra type.

Without sounding mean or anything, but don't you think you're prices are abit much for wild caught snakes?

Wild Caught Stimson Python Hatchling : $350
Plus $180 for outside of W.A

So in total that'd be $530 for a wild caught hatchling :S

Chris, the prices are set according to the demand in WA, where the majority of animals held are wild caught. Dave has no control over the $180 fee, and considering he can sell the Stimmies in WA for $350 (and does), it is not feasible to drop a couple hundred dollars off the price in order to compete with breeders in the eastern states. Dave's target market is the in WA. If someone from the eastern states chooses to purchase any reptile from any dealer in WA, they need to pay the current market price (in WA) as well as the export fee, that's just the way it is, there's really nothing that can be done about it.

$350 is cheap for a stimmie over here, all the ones ive seen have been min $400 and ken from reptile trader was trying to charge me $500 >> yeah right.

Dave's stimmies are awsum at that too :D

I agree $350 is a great price for Wa and they a great looking too, should go quickly I think.

chris -cool
I agree if somebody outside of W.A wanted to purchase a single reptile, then it would indeed be thought of as expensive and I take no offence to your coment as you are entitled to your opinion.
I actually ( and this just a personal thing ) prefer wild caught over captive bred and in some cases value them higher.

Cheers Dave

D ave how do you find your BHP temprement ? I am looking to get one down the track a bit, I have handled a few and found them very placid but then I have read other wise.

I would sell my body/soul for the pair of BHPs on the front page!!! Dave I will be a customer in the future when I save a bit more money!!

Mavtor
Having a lot of experience with wild caught BHPs from QLD, NT and W.A, I can assure you that there is indeed a general temperament difference in the Coastal Pilbara specimens compared to elsewhere. The Lower Pilbara specimens are more flighty and harder to get feeding on rodents. Once feeding though, they are fine but slightly less amendable to handling.

Thanks for that I will contact you when I am getting closer and get more info

Without sounding mean or anything, but don't you think you're prices are abit much for wild caught snakes?

Wild Caught Stimson Python Hatchling : $350
Plus $180 for outside of W.A

So in total that'd be $530 for a wild caught hatchling :S

WA locals don't have the luxury most of the rest of us do of being able to import from interstate so basic supply-demand ratio means that their prices may differ. If the reptiles I want to buy are in WA then I just have to suck it up and fork out the Government duties.

As there are quite a few monitors and skinks I would like to have from WA it does mean that its more cost effective for me to save up and bulk buy. Just have to wait until the Ebay auction for my kidney closes so I know how much I have to spend :D

Nice update Dave, slightly overdue?
Those young stimmies look superb.
Cheers
Adam

I would like to apologise to those who have reserved pythons via the serial numbers:
I only became aware today that some of the sexes did not correspond with the correct ID no:
This meant that some of you may have thought you were choosing a female and vice -versa.
This situation has been now fixed and more critter added to the page as well ( this time correctly ).
http://www.pilbarapythons.com/stock.htm

Cheers Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back