Planking..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One could argue that keeping Elapids, motorsports, skydiving, martial arts, etc etc are stupid because they all have an inherent risk of serious injury or death.

But they arise from an interest of passion, are potentially useful and have educational and/or entertainment value. As compared to "look at me, I laid on something!"

the most deadly animal in the world is the......

HORSE!!!! duh duh duuummmmmmm my sister wants to plank on her horse..

Lots of things are dangerous. Doesn't make it interesting to watch. That's half the point of extreme sports, there's an element of danger, and skill that the average person can't develop. Planking is just boring, even if you do it in precarious positions.

Yeah, but for some reason that I can't explain I find the activity appealing and have enjoyed looking at planking pics, so it obviously has some entertainment value, even if only for the easily amused like me, LOL

Meh... I'd rather watch a supercross race, or the x games.

Have fun lying down like speds :/

Lol no it's what people with nothing to do fill their time do.
Or people who are just sheep.
Being a teen or young has nothing to do with it.
Age is the biggest cope out since the insane claim in law!

Plus your barely a teenager.

Last edited:
After a big planking session i need a glass of oj and a cigarette. :)

Hang on... I read it wrong. sorry. Mum always said too much planking would send me blind. Bummer

Last edited:
Except when people die from it.

Sigh. So planking on a chair is awful and dangerous huh? Anything is dangerous if your drunk and stupid!

They said that anyone caught planking at school will be in trouble cos its soooo dangerous even if you do it on the ground... oh dear :rolleyes:

I love the "sigh" like we are all stupid for disagreeing with you. One day maybe you'll understand

I love the "sigh" like we are all stupid for disagreeing with you. One day maybe you'll understand

I'm just saying I dont see the huge deal. Driving is dangerous. Playing rugby is dangerous. Swimming in the sea is dangerous. All these things are things many of us do every day and many people have died from or been seriously injured.

And I can sigh as much as I like thank you very much :p

Where I'm coming from has nothing to do with the danger of it. It's BEYOND lame, and it's something stupid that idiots everywhere are doing because other people are doing it. Like I said before... Lemmings.

I have never done it in my whole life ever, woops sorry I misread..........

Agreed I don't see how a one in x>10000 death, sample makes it dangerous.
The reason they don't want you to do it is because it's retarded and you go to school to learn not act like a fool and hang with friends contrary to belief.

I have never done it in my whole life ever, woops sorry I misread..........

Ok I dont get that maybe I'll come back to this thread in a few years and I'll get it :lol:

Agreed I don't see how a one in x>10000 death, sample makes it dangerous.
The reason they don't want you to do it is because it's retarded and you go to school to learn not act like a fool and hang with friends contrary to belief.

Huh, then what have I been doing for the past 8 years of my life :lol: C'mon jannico its only been a couple of years since you left school, I'm sure you acted like a fool ;)
They said they didnt want us doing it cos someone died, I guess theyre really paranoid about the insurance issues.

It's dangerous because the nature of it means people are going to try it in more and more retarded places not only because one person died

And I can sigh as much as I like thank you very much :p
Not when it aim is to belittle something someone else said. Especially when that someone is me :p

Gah, they're trying to stop the source.
Like everything it would become a competition and in the end you'd be planking on power lines or train tracks, something retarded like that.

The only "FUN" it is for anyone is the notoriety and the attention they receive for doing it. Sure you will get the original "plankers" who use what brain they have to do one that is funny. Then you will get the risk takers who keep trying to outdo each other until someone dies in the act.

Maybe i'm just old but it's just society today. Men using hair straighteners, holes in their ears big enough to drive a bus through and wearing some sort of slip on white shoes my grandma use to wear to lawn bowls.

Gah, they're trying to stop the source.
Like everything it would become a competition and in the end you'd be planking on power lines or train tracks, something retarded like that.
Exactly.

SL you don't generally appreciate this sort of decision till you get old and boring. For now it just looks like they are trying to stop you having fun but there are reasons behind some decisions other than "let's stop them having a good time during school"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back