Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name and shame...

If it turns out to be the fault of previous owners i would agree with you, but lets not be so quick to ruin someones reputation. Is there any other possible things that could be effecting it? Could it have obtained an injury during freighting or something? I know it might be a long stretch but you have to consider these things before you go naming.

You said it looks like it drunk and it look fine b4 it went into the enclosure. If its a new enclosure, find out from who ever made it, if they used a glue or sealant on it (some brands are toxic). Take it out of the enclosure, put it into click clack and keep it warn. If it has improved in a few hours. take a good hard look at the Enclosure, could be something in it..

I wasnt planning on naming. Lovely people. I turned his light off he has settled down a bit but still had his mouth half open. He has pretty red nostrils which none of my pythins have, normal inside of mouth by the looks. You can see the size of the python by photos but he came in a kunch box with dimensions of 27 length x 20 width by 8 high(pretty darm small if you ask me.)

Have same enclosures with beardies and womas in them (they went into them 4 days ago) and they are allthriving and perfect

yeh and if it was sent on a plane them people on luggage and freight dont give a @#$% about other peoples stuff if it had fragile on the package then that gives them a reason to just throw it into the plane

I just saw the pics on the other thread, and regardless of other symptoms, a snake dosnt get that thin in a day..

yeh and if it was sent on a plane them people on luggage and freight dont give a @#$% about other peoples stuff if it had fragile on the package then that gives them a reason to just throw it into the plane

I don't think animals are just thrown in with the normal luggage. Having said that, I could be completely wrong :shock:

As Saz pointed out in the other thread, the Womas nostrils look a bit discoloured (a bit purple) could this be an indication to respatory infection ?:?

All the best for your little mate :cry:

me thinks if a snake looks like that the day you get it, it's the suppliers fault. blaming the freighting is ludicrous.

if you don't want to name them, get your money back. saying that they are really nice, me thinks you have been conned into paying to take a problem snake off their hands, of course they would act nice.

nonetheless, please name them

F%$*#n great, pardon my french, just had a really really close look at him, he has a few little orange ants (really tiny looking things on him) what the hell could this be?

me thinks if a snake looks like that the day you get it, it's the suppliers fault. blaming the freighting is ludicrous.

if you don't want to name them, get your money back. saying that they are really nice, me thinks you have been conned into paying to take a problem snake off their hands, of course they would act nice.

nonetheless, please name them

I think it might be fairer to wait until a conclusion has been reached before possibly slandering someone. Also, I think ally_pup might have learnt her lesson after the mixup with her first woma too! ;)

Could be just that ants!

Is the back half of his body wasted away? It does appear to be by the pic you posted

Hmmm i feel the breeder/supplier should be named.

As ally has stated the animals condition, there could be no way the previous owner(s) could have failed to notice the womas condition. Ignornace is no excuse...

No not wsted away also doesnt look like thie pics, hols on I will go take a pic of him

are they ants or mites? How bigare they? With the mouth and nose inspection i was hinting at resp infection, but these ant things are a whole nother thing.. They could be a reason for inflamed nostrils..
But even if they got on it during transit, as said b4, the snake wont lose that much weight in a day..

Presuming it has mites, which it sounds like it does, you need to burn/destroy what it was shipped in, change clothes and have a hot shower before you go near your other herps. Hopefully you have some TOD handy, blast the snake and cage, surrounding areas and anywhere the snake may have been at any period of time whilst in your care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back