Post your baby pair pix here>

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The top pic is my female 'Jigsaw" The next two show my little male jungle carpet "Orange" . He has started to lose his baby orange and is turning yellow at last!! I will have to rename him soon.

Both are taking 2 adult mice a week now and are growing quite nicely. I have been trying to get them onto rats to no avail.

The female is a calm snake but the male enjoys biting me often.

remember just before the site went down I was saying what I was getting my wife for her birthday, well heres our baby pair

mrsRBB014.jpg

mrsRBB015.jpg

Beautiful Jungels there..

Wish they were mine!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk Sherm.
They is Pseudechis australis, Mulga snake.One handleable and the other is skittish but they both look the same so I may have posted the same snake twice.

Nice snakes Pete...they have excellent scale structure on their heads. It seems similar to the snake on your avatar....they are elapids?

Here is a piair of anthills I picked up recently. One is now taking whole pinks, but the other is still getting heads via "assist".

Lefty.jpg

fizz.jpg

-Imp

Youve probably just created an International incident posting those Imp. Like hen's teeth in the reptile keeping community here.
Wow.
Yes, elapids junglemad, blacksnake family. The avatar is a tiger.

Yeah, I know. I wish it weren't like that, as they're really terrific snakes. There are only a handful of breeders over here, and hopefully in 2-3 years I'll be one, too. At least the good thing is that if you buy any over here, you know they aren't wild caught. The line these came from goes back to Sweden.

all of those snakes are great, love the pygmys, i cant beleive how small they are, could you post some pictures of them next to a rular or of them on your hand so i can see there total size? how old are they?

All the snakes look awesome.I really like the jungles.

an american penny is about the same size as a 5 cent peice. a bit smaller if i remember. don't really miss em though! (also the canadian penny looks cooler!)

andrew

They are cool little pythons...macabre feeding methods....assisting them with just a pinkie head..ewww

Jason said:
all of those snakes are great, love the pygmys, i cant beleive how small they are, could you post some pictures of them next to a rular or of them on your hand so i can see there total size? how old are they?

They are roughly half the size (by weight) of Children's. At the time of those pics, they were around 2 months old. We have a clutch of Children's that we hatched around the same time as the anthills. The Children's were around 8-10g each, the anthills were around 4-5g.

-Imp

Here is a pic i took of my female jungle now 9 months. She has just shed and is a calm beautiful little lady. Also here is a pic of my male Bredl baby. The female hasn't co-operated with the photography as yet. With 2 hopper mice in his belly the male was too full to worry about crawling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back