Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I thought Punja was going to be in for a treat at my fav herping ground this afternoon.....but alas...it was as boring as I've ever seen it..... nothing...not even the rustle of a common garden skink.

After I literally travelled to the ends of the earth to collect Punja I noticed this fantastic looking stream, loads of grass, rocks etc etc - It looked perfect! Needless to say our little herping party of 5 followed me back to this hunch, and it paid off!! Thanks to Punja for getting down and dirty to get this little Eastern Brown out into the open for a few shots - it wasn't a happy snake :lol: In the space of an hour an a half we found a few Eastern Browns and this rather gravid looking Little Whip Snake. Ahhhh my afternoon was near perfect :D

Hey Punja, my missus didn't even yell at me for getting home late ;) :D hehehe

1DSC_0034.jpg

1DSC_0036.jpg

1DSC_0039.jpg

1DSC_0042.jpg

1DSC_0045.jpg

1DSC_0046.jpg

The Kew bushland. 10 minutes from the Melbourne CBD and a tiger snake hotspot! (normally lol)

DSC_0033.jpg

But it sounds like a brown snake has been Killed ? why
it was a herping trip

We shouldn't jump to conclusions until we know the facts,

moose was there, Crush wasn't it's just what he said he was told.

I am sure moos will ask and see what the truth is!

Great pics Moose thanks for sharing them, it's lovely to see wild herp pics!!!

I never thought it was on purpose, was it on the road or somthing?

Sounds like someone has been stirring... :lol:
Nice pics by the way, i never understood how they can call little whips whip snakes, just another extremely stupid common name i guess.

haha goose I thought you were a dead man! There was an incident while digging out the pair of browns that we found and the second was wounded in the process, certainly something i wasn't braging about crush. Instead it ruined the find for me and the rest of my day thinking about that poor little brown. However, it was a good day, I loved helping photograph the brown, quite amusing watching the cold little guy trying to be threeatening. He kept trying to rear up and open his mouth but he would rear up to far and fall over backward. The Pics came up a treat mate.

Last edited:
Its the first time I've seen browns in the wild so was and exciting find. They were great little snakes and very fun to work with. thanks for the trip moose. I can't wait till i get my own little brown now, only got a month or so left.

It was about a foot. They are great little snakes, its a pitty they are so rare in captivity.

Sounds like a great trip guys. I wish i could join in but im in crappy melbourne.
Would love to hear more about your trips.
regards ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back