Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like w/bee or altona might be a go. Plenty of info there to follow up on.
moose and m.punga sound like the organisers, cmon boys, next warm day

There was a right up in the Werribee banner(local paper) re snakes out in summer time and they listed Tigers , Browns and from memory either a "white lipped or white tipped". I cant find any whip snakes in my snake book listed in Southern vic. Maybe local seller may know more.I'll ask him next visit.

Newport lakes is another area near Altona with a large snake population. This is an old Quarrie turned into a nature park with walking tracks and a large lake. There are lots of tigers there. There are some benefits to being married to the local parks ranger.

Whip snakes

Whip snakes have been sighted down at the Kororoit creek in Ardeer. Tigers as well. There would be 5 km's of area between Ardeer and West Sunshine. Rocky, paddocks etc etc.

Cherry Lake is also a good place. Af ew paddocks around there as well. Cherry Lake has a walking track around it and is widely used by bike rider and walkers. Might be a bit hard.

Cobbledicks ford is a top place for quite a few different herps. Most of Werribee is sitting on private land where I used to go shooting. The farmers kick people off most days now.

Matt S(tockdale) Animal Attraction may know a few large farms near his place like someone mentioned.

Yeah good place

Newport lakes is another area near Altona with a large snake population. This is an old Quarrie turned into a nature park with walking tracks and a large lake. There are lots of tigers there. There are some benefits to being married to the local parks ranger.

This would be a pretty good place. BBQ's from memory. Ardeer would be the best IMHO but you do rough it a bit and it would be bring your own BBQ's

There was a right up in the Werribee banner(local paper) re snakes out in summer time and they listed Tigers , Browns and from memory either a "white lipped or white tipped". I cant find any whip snakes in my snake book listed in Southern vic. Maybe local seller may know more.I'll ask him next visit.

Ahh your thinking of the white-lipped snake and the other is the little whip snake, neither are true whip snakes hence why they aren't under whip snakes in your book, but they should still be in there.:D

Whip snakes have been sighted down at the Kororoit creek in Ardeer. Tigers as well. There would be 5 km's of area between Ardeer and West Sunshine. Rocky, paddocks etc etc.

Cherry Lake is also a good place. Af ew paddocks around there as well. Cherry Lake has a walking track around it and is widely used by bike rider and walkers. Might be a bit hard.

Cobbledicks ford is a top place for quite a few different herps. Most of Werribee is sitting on private land where I used to go shooting. The farmers kick people off most days now.

Matt S(tockdale) Animal Attraction may know a few large farms near his place like someone mentioned.
im pretty sure you can get a permit from the water people to access their land down werribee south and the river runs through it i think it may only cost like $20 . the area near the town behind the swimming pool and next to the river may have heaps too infact all along that section of river looks pretty good. heathdale wetlands might too but its dry at the moment

w/bee river has walking trails from w/vale down to the zoo at hwy or there is a reserve out the back of melton called long forest that backs the w/bee triberturies/ dfjerriwarrh crk or the same reserve backs the pyrites crk which has extensive trails along it. melway reference 335 B 4. I dont know this reserve but i know melton and the river. Could be a posibility

Thanks Alex c . I actually have a bird watching permit and access key for the werribee treatment plant and have been there heaps for birds of prey but never looked for snakes,Der. That will now change...................

Thanks Alex c . I actually have a bird watching permit and access key for the werribee treatment plant and have been there heaps for birds of prey but never looked for snakes,Der. That will now change...................
i havent actually been there but i saw a thing on tv about the wetlands always having water there so really due to the drought there should be a lot of animals from the area that have moved there:)

Its an interesting set up down there . Lots of open channels then lake Borrie is a massive lake with narrow roads around surrounded by smaller lakes. Id never really thought of it as a snake area but im sure there are parts of it with good populations. I know an x melb water guy who worked there for 20 years i will ask him later this week if he knows anything about it.

i say the first weekend of oct so long as weather approves. Herpie, it was an all os a sudden thing

what times are the best for finding reps everyone

Its an interesting set up down there . Lots of open channels then lake Borrie is a massive lake with narrow roads around surrounded by smaller lakes. Id never really thought of it as a snake area but im sure there are parts of it with good populations. I know an x melb water guy who worked there for 20 years i will ask him later this week if he knows anything about it.
yeah it seems highly possible because its most likely full of frogs and tigers apparently love them

im a tradie and get up way to early sometimes it hurts my head so anytime is good for me really, its my cousins engagement on saturday, but meh he will live herps more important

i say the first weekend of oct so long as weather approves. Herpie, it was an all os a sudden thing

I'm actually in Brissy that week, so sadly if it's on I won't be able to make it :(

And yes, it sure was an 'all of a sudden' decision as we were meant to be heading right out past Werribee that morning, but I think everyone was suffering the effects of a big Friday night :lol: Because of that and the possible snakes we were expecting to encounter, it might not have been the best mix :lol: :lol: By afternoon I was bored, a few phone calls and we were ready to go in an hour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back