Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a good size and an unexpected find. I didn't know whips were around Melbourne

Hey guys,
why dont you start recording the data of your finds.
i am sure the more data on our wildlife would be of interest to many organisations including yourselves.
just an idea
ian

I was under the understanding that Little Whips were common around the area......but, I could be wrong...certainly wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something :lol: I'll look further into their locality. Certainly Eastern Browns are a common site right throughout the Melb Metro areas.

yea i knew the browns were, but i was thinking that the whips were more likely to be found in kew being that there were deffidently plenty of skinks present there where as we didn't see a sinlge garden skink at the second place.

whats altona like for tigers, ive been told good things...

Gee, if you had of told me I could have given little Punja a lift. Would have been a great day, Oh well, next time hey.

sounds like quite an army of herpers we could start moose

If you want tigers and browns, go to Mount Fairy near Goulburn/Tarago. I used to live there, and it has the highest population of tigers there per metre. I found a spectacular orange one under some of my corrogated iron one day.. Corrogated iron, just a great place to find them..

Herps

Moosey and Punja. Plenty of good tiger spots near me. The Kororoit Creek is chockers. When the weather warms up they start heading into back yards. Whips snakes are pretty common I have been told near a very well known herpers place as well. I know a nice neat area a few k's long where both tigers and whips are a plenty

This is fantastic info, thanks folks :D

There is nothing better than bringing a camera into some of these areas, spend the day looking for herps and hopefully come out with some fantastic photos. I just wish it wasn't as late in the day when we found that particular textilis I took the shots of as I'd forgotten how to manually get the flash up and running and it was getting dark :lol:

Date

This is fantastic info, thanks folks :D

There is nothing better than bringing a camera into some of these areas, spend the day looking for herps and hopefully come out with some fantastic photos. I just wish it wasn't as late in the day when we found that particular textilis I took the shots of as I'd forgotten how to manually get the flash up and running and it was getting dark :lol:

Let me know when you are heading over this way or want to head over this way and we'll go out. Might even have to have a counter lunch or BBQ and some beers, after we have finished herping of course.;)

Let me know when you are heading over this way or want to head over this way and we'll go out. Might even have to have a counter lunch or BBQ and some beers, after we have finished herping of course.;)

I'll be in on that:D

sounds like someone needs to organise a herping day for us vics be a great day i reckon, i just wanna take pictures, kinda scared of elapids

Hey Guys, Cherry lake in Altona is where all local captured tiger snakes are released by council sub contractors. Kororoit creek runs and floods just behind there .Awesome spot for snakes and birds of prey. Also Werribee is a hot spot for whip snakes (2 different types). Local snake shop owner Matt S might be able to dirrect us to good locations as he does snake rescue, Oh Yeah I'd love to come herping too. Yippeee:D:D:D:D

Hey Guys, Cherry lake in Altona is where all local captured tiger snakes are released by council sub contractors. Kororoit creek runs and floods just behind there .Awesome spot for snakes and birds of prey. Also Werribee is a hot spot for whip snakes (2 different types). Local snake shop owner Matt S might be able to dirrect us to good locations as he does snake rescue, Oh Yeah I'd love to come herping too. Yippeee:D:D:D:D

What's the second type of whip there? Little whip and ......? I was under the impression there were no other whips anywhere near melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back