Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an incident while digging out the pair of browns that we found and the second was wounded in the process, certainly something i wasn't braging about crush. Instead it ruined the find for me and the rest of my day thinking about that poor little brown. However, it was a good day, I loved helping photograph the brown, quite amusing watching the cold little guy trying to be threeatening. He kept trying to rear up and open his mouth but he would rear up to far and fall over backward. The Pics came up a treat mate.

Wohhhhhhhhhhh... You and moose and have just lost respect points.

How hard is it to keep some of your male ego in check and wait until you come across snakes in their wild habitat where you can see them, instead of physically ruining their habitat.
>_<

So it looks like the west suberbs is where some good spots are. Are any of these locations close to one another? And what date's are good for people in Oct so we can try and organise something

Yep

So it looks like the west suberbs is where some good spots are. Are any of these locations close to one another? And what date's are good for people in Oct so we can try and organise something

I would do the Ardeer / West Sunshine area of Kororoit Creek personally. People in need of supplies could stop at Brian's (Herp Shop) and pick up. It's seconds away from where he lives.

i think there is a VHS meet that weekend, so it could all tie nicely together.

does the herp shop have a store? i thought they were purely an on-line thing?

i think there is a VHS meet that weekend, so it could all tie nicely together.

does the herp shop have a store? i thought they were purely an on-line thing?
yeah you just call up and make an appointment the store is in brians backyard :)

Vhs

VHS meeting is on Friday week from memory.

If you were to go to Brians it pays to ring up and check in advance. The weather might play a big role in whether or not herping would be possible.

Would love to check out a different area like Ardeer with someone who knows there way around there.I'm leaving for Scotland on the 6th of Oct and will be back in Nov. Will try and make any date put forward.:)

Done

Would love to check out a different area like Ardeer with someone who knows there way around there.I'm leaving for Scotland on the 6th of Oct and will be back in Nov. Will try and make any date put forward.:)

Take me to Scotland and I'll take you to the Kororoit Creek area, no problems;)

You can take my spot i dont even want to go. Family is calling though and i have to fly over with a 10 month old, 3 year old and cousin 13 year old. Its going to be HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Correction

If you were to go to Brians it pays to ring up and check in advance. The weather might play a big role in whether or not herping would be possible.

VHS Meeting Friday October 5th, 2007

7PM start Building 72 Monash University, Clayton

Special guest speaker Geoff Heard

Wohhhhhhhhhhh... You and moose and have just lost respect points.

How hard is it to keep some of your male ego in check and wait until you come across snakes in their wild habitat where you can see them, instead of physically ruining their habitat.
>_<

Sorry Tatelina, there was burrows and holes everywhere. I suppose we got a little carried away with the excitement of the find as we'd been out most of the afternoon in various areas without so much luck as even spotting a garden skink. Not too many trips I've been on where we haven't had to poke around a bit. You guys get it a little easier up north with your diversity of herps and opportunities to spot them basking JMHO.

Generally it's a log or a rock gently lifted and replaced. Nothing is scattered or ruined in the process. What happened the other week to us was very regrettable and unfortunate in regards to that incident, and even seeing how it happened myself still has me wondering how on earth it happened. It was certainly the last thing any of us wanted or expected :(

so we go to meeting get drunk afterwards passout and wake up next morning and go herping, sounds like fun :)

:lol: I'm sure we'll all have the reflexes of a cat after a hard night on the turps :lol: What a great mix to have with any potentially lethal snake we find :lol: :lol:

Sounds like I'll need to make a few cardboard cut-outs for myself as I won't be able to attend the upcoming VHS meeting this time :( I think I'm meant to be posting the other cut-out up to Cairns somewhere :lol:

yeah.... i think i might get drunk AFTER this vhs meet, the last time i was shagged. appoligies to all i harrased ,hahahaha. is raymond hoser guest speaking again at this meet .lol

It looked like this last he spoke didn't it:: :D

Meeting_hall-3.jpg

What happened the other week to us was very regrettable and unfortunate in regards to that incident, and even seeing how it happened myself still has me wondering how on earth it happened. It was certainly the last thing any of us wanted or expected :(
I hope you're referring to the 'defacement' of natural habitat and not just the accidental death of a native animal.

Just because you walk past several banks a week and they never give you any money doesn't mean you should or can break in and steal. Bad analogy but you get my point.

Hope you guys are more responsible on your next trip out. *gets off high horse and exits thread*

Tatelina, moose was very careful how we worked with the habitat not to destroy it. And it was by no chance destroyed when we left. In my excitement something happened that I really regret and nothing you can say will make me feel worse.

So what are the dates and details for this trip

They both feel awful about it, and would take it back if they could. There's no need to rub salt in their wounds. I'm sure they've both learnt from it.

There there Tat

That's O'K. We are all used to you getting on and off your high horse. Make sure you tie your saddle tight next time.:lol:

It was cold today, i thought it was too cold, however the farmer whos farm i was working on found a brown. They are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back