PVC/Polyethylene plastic enclosures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking to build outta this,cause mdf/particle board deteriorates abit.but they stop selling it up here so still looking for supplier.they look great, how they go with moisture retention?

I imagine these are the next step in the evolution of reptile enclosures. Being 100% plastic that does not break down with exposure to moisture and has seamless welding to keep moisture inside the enclosure it would be perfect for amphibian habitats too. I bet GTP enclosures would be the perfect application for enclosures build with these materials. You could use all sorts of different glues that would be great for use with PVC that could be used to attach various things like dowels and fake branches and even hide boxes attached to the ceiling. Much easier with chemical welding with plastics...wood tends to be a tough one, but with plastics it becomes a whole lot easier as there is no mess with nails or wood glues - and the bonus is that plastic glues are actually chemical welds so unless something was really wrong with the bond things will never come loose.

The only issue with acrylic perspex is they can craze (thousands of tiny cracks/splits) that over time can eventually destroy the structure. This happens over a lengthy period of time, but there are solutions such as using laminated anti-crack perspex panels that will not break even if they have crazed to the point of being not being able to see through them.

My partner and I are building our enclosures and because of there light weight we can flat pack and send them to you
3aa4573f-2f03-3e92.jpg
3aa4573f-2f18-bd07.jpg
3aa4573f-2f33-1b0f.jpg
3aa4573f-2f4a-60ee.jpg
3aa4573f-2f60-caed.jpg
here's a few more pictures of the humidity it holds in there.

Cheers Brenton

thanks Pmyers i'll hit them up for prices. yeah i can see they hold humidity really well.you say you guys build them. wanna pm some prices, if thats ok

Is that pvc foam board or integral skin pvc board prices?

My name is Brenton.

Cheers Brenton

Last edited:
Good prices. It is what I use for my enclosures.

PMyers and you just screw these together like you normally would melamine?

if i had the room right now i would buy some at those prices why not. *thinks of ways to squeeze them in*

My name is Brenton.

Cheers Brenton

Haha. Yeah, whoops. Brenton is the one selling those nifty looking enclosures. Dunno what their made out of, but they look great!
Sorry mate, I thought the query was toward the cost of the sheets :oops:

PMyers and you just screw these together like you normally would melamine?

I haven't worked with them yet, so I can't say for sure.

Last edited:
One of my guys enjoying his new PVC cage
7cb03be6-26b6-43c1.jpg

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back