Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi quick question.
can a pair of gillens be kept in a 120x60x60 enclosure or would they need atleast 150 long?
thanks, sam

Hi i am new with monitors and have a pair of ackies and i am finding them very easy to maintain. ( make sure they cant escape....they are great climbers). lol
Definetly ackies

well since i made this post back in april i have got my ackies.

and they do like to fight, we had to change around the pairings so that they would get along, like humans they like some and dont like others.

the 2 i have do fight occasionally but nothing serious.

pretty much they are great, apart from the fact that one always hides. the other is great to watch and he is ok to handle. still tries to bite and run away but i'm working to slowly tame him a bit.

Hey Sweetangle,

The one who "hides all the time" maybe suffering considerable stress from the more dominant animal? It may be worth considering seperating them again??

I.V

Sweetangel - I have found they calm and settle with size...the smaller they are the more skittish and inclined to bite. Although a bite from a smallish Ackie doesn't hurt too bad, they are a headache to get off once they are latched on :D

Post some pics of your Ackies and setup - never get tired of seeing Monitor enclosures...

In order to get the one that hides out a little more it might be beneficial to add another basking site...

I'll hopefully be getting some ackies at the end of the year, it'll be a totally different setup to my carpet enclosure, but so much fun! I got the goanna bug after handling wild gouldii, I bet my whole house will be herp covered soon :D

Love to see some pics of varanid set ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back