Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our resident python used to get into our Japanese Quail's run and catch then eat them - until we gave up on quails then she decided to eat the orphaned magpie :(

Then I removed another one from the bird cage and put it down the back after it had eaten a quarrion - not its first either :(

Then we had another python on top of the horse feed shed eating a Grey-Crowned Babbler :(

I haven't got photos eating the quails or magpie but below are after the babbler and the quarrion :shock:

Also included a photo of a Grey-Crowned Babbler

Great pics MrsDragonLady!
and the wild that python did not trim any of feet off the bird before he took it- !!- lol
any more pics?
My pythons like Quail and are going well on them as I have said.
I the wild Pythons have a mixed diet ; and your pic shows that that they take birds ,
so I always mix my feeds , as well as maintaining the correct temperatures so digestion all good.
If you want quail PM me give them a try,

Gee i just don't no how snakes have gotten on for so long with out us cutting there food up for them LOL

All my snakes will eat what every I give them. If you mix it up on a regular basis then it will be fine

Lewy

1 week old quail

Brisbane -carpet takes 1 week old quail.
Gone!! feet and all.

Attachments

• P7010002.JPG
    P7010002.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P7010003.JPG
    P7010003.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 29
  • P7010014.JPG
    P7010014.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 26
  • P7010018.JPG
    P7010018.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P7010021.JPG
    P7010021.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 26
Great pics MrsDragonLady!
and the wild that python did not trim any of feet off the bird before he took it- !!- lol
any more pics?
My pythons like Quail and are going well on them as I have said.
I the wild Pythons have a mixed diet ; and your pic shows that that they take birds ,
so I always mix my feeds , as well as maintaining the correct temperatures so digestion all good.
If you want quail PM me give them a try,

Hi Brent, No nothing trimmed off and no Knife and fork And dinner was still alive and on the go! :D

I haven't adopted any reptiles - the ones here have sort of adopted me - they are 'wild'.

Apart from a few photos of Lizzie my resident EWD I posted all other photos most other photos on my threads: http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/search/search-id/2111438

Most went on my first thread then I found out how to start other threads :)

For now I enjoy visiting my friends and their reptiles as well as gaining info on how to make my place more reptile and wildlife friendly thru APS.

Thank You for your offer of quails :)

Derek - Sorry mate, I am from the Macarthur area and travel to Leppington to get mine - would be a fair hike if you're travelling from Canberra.m

Where abouts in Leppington, please? A friend I visit every month or so lives about 5 minutes drive from Leppington so that would be very convenient.

Gee i just don't no how snakes have gotten on for so long with out us cutting there food up for them LOL

All my snakes will eat what every I give them. If you mix it up on a regular basis then it will be fine

Lewy

Try telling this poor python that it shouldn't have had the bird's beak trimmed! :(

Attachments

• ibis pic.jpg
    ibis pic.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 65
O well That is typical of a scrub python to try eat a Ibis

But we are hardly feeding Ibis's now are we???

Try telling this poor python that it shouldn't have had the bird's beak trimmed! :(

Sorry but i dont see how you can compare the bill of a quail to an ibis bill there is
No simularities at all :shock:

We have been using quail for years WHOLE and have never had a problem.

Can some one tell me the best way to kill a quail in the way of being humane. Does CO2 do the same trick ?

If you can't snap there neck quick then yes Co2 will work great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back