Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only dramas I've had with spencers/laccies together is a climatic one.
I have found it to be to cold down here most of the year to keep spencers outside where as the laccies are local. You may be able to provide extra heating during the colder months though? I don't know if humidity is a problem?

Shewhomustbeobeyed said:
snakehunter said:
here is a pic from one of the pits at Australia Zoo

Crikey Well slap me and call me susan I wouldnt have belived if hadnt seen it (sure you didnt photo shop it) just kidding

On another note though zoo do lots of things we dont.
The merton looks particularly well fed.

Yea I was surprised too, and yes the pic is real :)

wow they mustve renovated the pit area coz only the blueys and cunninghams were together and then the pit nxt to them had the mertens :) i hate it when i miss things and things change coz i try to go there every few months to see whats new

I could be wrong, but I always get the impression at zoos that animals are more disposable than they are for the private herper.
If they get eaten by other reptiles, there are always confiscated ones and zoo people are allowed to go and get more to replace them from the wild!
They didn't personally have to work and save hard to buy them, so the private herpers are more hesitant to put them into a dangerous situation!

I agree with that. I would never put my animals into a dangerous situation.

Thats a nice photo olivehydra. Fairly good eveidence that different species can exist in harmony in captivity...

I don't really think there is much doubt about that, if some don't agree then that's fine but don't say it can't be done or it will end in disaster or worse still that's it's bad husbandry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back