Questions about my new python !! Read, please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellieone

Reaction score
Hello :)
I just got given a coastal carpet python. I think he is nearly two. He is a good little snake:) (for now! Haha)
I'm about to build him a bigger enclosure, any tips for that will help! Also, best and cheap online places to shop for him? I need new heat/lights and all that and can't decide on a good enough site. Help!!!;););):D

G'day, check out the diy section for info on building your enclosure and there is also a pretty good one if you click on the noteworthy threads section if I remember correctly.

As for supplies I just got a few things off reptile direct they seem to have fair prices and a wide range, also try ebay.

Welcome to the site :)

Thanks :) can eBay be trusted to be genuine products? Bit risky I think.

AND!!! I want him to have real trees and plants, this is ok yes? ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Real trees come with real problems it is easier to use fake plants especially with pythons that need to be away from damp conditions. How big is the python and how big is the enclosure

Ebay is ok just buy from sellers with a good reputation and pay using paypal :) I'm not sure about real trees unless you're going to make the enclosure massive lol maybe a bonsai tree, another member will have to explain live plants as I don't have much experience in that department. I think they might create too much humidity and you will have to get lights suitable for growing plants but I'm sure there is a way to keep living plants in the enclosure.

If it is real tree branches rather than actual plants you will be fine, I would steer away from ebay until you can tell by looking what the quality is like. As stated above look at some of the sponsors on the right hand side of the home page, reptile direct is a sponsor and have reasonably priced and quality equipment or the herp shop has top quality products at reasonable prices but I have not bout off any others.

I'll check it out! I want it to be prettttty haha :) But true. The snake is about 4ft and the enclosure will be 4 ft tall and 2ft across???

I'll check it out! I want it to be prettttty haha :) But true. The snake is about 4ft and the enclosure will be 4 ft tall and 2ft across???

You can have a nice looking enclosure without real plants. Check out Livefoods Unlimited, they have the widest variety of fake plants that I have ever found, and they are very reliable. I buy from them regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back