Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexr

Reaction score
My two boys, my nephew and I went for our first bush walk in over 6 months.

Made sure we brought the camera of course and look what we found... (Zac scared the RRB away before I could get any more pictures.)

The diamond python was a little agro at first until it got used to being held. (Both my boys got to to have a little pat) I let it go a little bit into the bush as there were lots of people around and wanted to make sure it would be safe.

All in all it was a very successful day (esp. considering this was just 3km of bush track right near my house!!!)

and here is the water dragon...

DSC02921_30.jpg

and from another angle with more of his belly showing...

DSC02924_30.jpg

Nice pictures.I like the ones of the water dragon.

Thanks Dan! I was about half an arms length from him and he just kept looking at me, with his head on his side. Didn't seem scared of me at all (until I just couldn't help myself any longer and just had to have a pat...:roll: )

He was about 45cm SVL. In the above photo looks like his eye might have a bit of an infection... - didn't notice it a the time.

Wow Dude!

I saw everything I wanted when i was in Sydney except for a Diamond......... Man I'd have killed too see one! Not a snake I would keep, but what a rush it would be too see a wild one! Very jealous...

Sounds like an awesome day, I remember spotting a RBB in the nature reserve behind my house, scared the crap out of me :)

Gee, what would ya do if ya found a taipan then? :p

Yeah mate, not a bad day's herping!

I went out for a 5 min walk this morning behind my place and caught a yellow faced whip and a bunch of dragons and skinks. Plus I think I saw a quoll.

Whereabouts did you spot these guys?
By the way, I can't see your water dragon pics.

Also saw heaps of these... Does anyone know what they are?.

DSC02909_30.sized.jpg

They look similar to a small garden skink only bigger ~20cm (total length)

Austrelaps said:
Whereabouts did you spot these guys?
By the way, I can't see your water dragon pics.

Garigal National Park, around Davidson Cemetery.

Can you see them now? (I moved them to off my personal webserver to my animalattraction gallery)

I was very pleased with myself and hope that it is a sign of things to come....

Awesome, yeah can see the pics now. Looks like the water dragon has a cataract.

Great pics mate, bugger payin entry to the zoo to see ozzy wildlife hey!

far out alexr!!! :shock: That must be SO exciting! Thanx for sharing! and it is good to see the younger ones learning an appreciation for reptiles!

Well done! :D

trader said:
far out alexr!!! That must be SO exciting!
Yeah - paying for it now though... little buggers wont go to sleep far to excited. LOL!

Can't wait to go again soon... (but I think thats my yearly quota done in one hit :evil:!)

hey all, I went for a big bushwalk up at Colo on saturday with my family and found a green tree snake ( only small), Two Small eyed Snakes, A cunninghams Skink and about ten Copertail skinks i think there called. Everytime I Bring a Cam, I never find anything, So i thought Ill leave it at home and look wat i came across. Owell next time im bringing the camera.

alexr - that's a coincidence because I was gonna call you this afternoon (but couldn't find your number) - my Dad found this Diamond in the backyard.

DSCN0416A.jpg

About 8 feet all up. By the time I got there it had moved about 5 metres away and was sunning itself on top of a patch of Crofton Weed. Stayed there for a couple of hours until the sun was blocked by buildings, then it disappeared.

Diamond_3.jpg

:p

Hix

Good on ya mate.... 8)
Great to see herps in the bush; the very best!!!!
Also neat...that your boys and nephew, enjoy going with you.
I remember alot of it with my father as a child.....
Its amazing the older you get; their the times you have fond memories of.
Also it gives you; a great insight, inregards the way you keep your own herps....housing etc
When i think of Sydney; i think of a huge city, void of bush!!!.....i really need to come and see it for myself.
Some nice bushland there from what i've seen on tv etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back