Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All great pics Shawn, would have been a very interesting experience. Certainly makes my agave worm in a tequila bottle look very insignificant :lol::lol:

*Nick finds himself strangely craving pickled onions*

Bet that worm would taste great though !

Great pictures Shawn, that would have been a great experience, lucky you !

Now they wan't us to do their dirty work for them and kill everything out in the field.

What a brilliant collection they have Shawn, wish i was there to have a look also. Flick me some pics, you have my email. Are you going to keep in contact with the Prof? I would certainly like to ask some questions regarding locale of certain species and types they may have in collection.
Cathy

Hi all,

Is their trade in specimens for research....yes

While they give out locality info....without a genuine reason not usually (just wanting to find out where things are is not usually good enough).

As for reasoning of killing for scientific purposes...its a requirement many scientific purposes permits to donate the specimens to a museum for further research at a later date.

Cheers,
Scott

its like being a kid in a lollie shop. Guess how many gecko;s in this jar and you will win a prize.

I thought Japanese were bad with whales we better look in the mirror

Cathy, no probs, will do.

Thanks for clearing some of that up Scott. Oh, and bigi - It sure was :D

No offence, i'd rather see them running around the bush.

I agree!
Interesting pics,. but,.. Surely there is no need to kill that many of the same species,.!?
What a waste!,. :cry:

I agree!
Interesting pics,. but,.. Surely there is no need to kill that many of the same species,.!?
What a waste!,. :cry:

as said most are from different locales. They go to a place where the species hasn't been found before, doesn't matter if they already have 100 specimens if that species they will still take some(no idea on numbers normally taken from each locality) which can lead to new species being discovered as someone else mentioned.

doesn't matter if they already have 100 specimens if that species they will still take some(no idea on numbers normally taken from each locality) which can lead to new species being discovered as someone else mentioned.

If it's found in a pit line or micro trap..i'ts toast, doesn't matter how many or how little of any species are found. the Museum wants them..

well done shawn, great pics to would have been a blast beside the fact they were in jars.

how typical of 'research' ... kill everything, and then try and figure out were we went wrong...

shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back