record keeping books

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent them an email on Tuesday this week:

Hi,
I sent my completed books by registered mail on 15/4/10 so they should have been received a day or two later. However I've not received my 'blank' books in return, which is causing me some anxiety. In previous years these have been sent almost by return of mail and act as 'receipt' that my completed books have been received. It is now 4 weeks since I sent them in and nothing has arrived in the post.

Could you confirm that my books have been recieved and give an indication when I will receive the new ones?
Many thanks

and got this reply on Wednesday

Hi Bob

New books are been sent out, only starting this week. So you should have a new book soon.

Allan

Wildlife Licensing

did anyone else that keeps well over a dozen different species and make pages of transactions each season get a five (yes FIVE) page book in the mail??? Common sense would dictate that when someone hold enough species to fill 3 of them you might send out a larger book?

I got mine back half way through april but my son is still waiting and they were both sent off together It will turn up they must be swamped this timw of the year

I got my new book yesterday, they sent a 10 page book, thought I'd get more as my collection has been growing quite a bit (up to 9 species now).

At least i didn't get a 5 pager lol

did anyone else that keeps well over a dozen different species and make pages of transactions each season get a five (yes FIVE) page book in the mail??? Common sense would dictate that when someone hold enough species to fill 3 of them you might send out a larger book?

Similar happened to me two years ago. Last year I put a postit on the returned books reminding them of what I would need. This year I decided not to 'baby' them, and see what happens.

I don't have that many species but last year needed a bigger book than 5 species and they sent my the 5 species book. I asked for a bigger book and they sent me a second 5 page book that was completely filled out with someone elses returns :)

I've taken their approach on licensing and as of yet not bothered to send my book, I may do it tomorrow if I can be bothered to get out of bed to go to the post office!! Gee I sound like I work for DECC ;) So to the DECC if your reading, book will be in the mail soon, your threats of denying import permits and upgrading need not apply to me as I believe in buying local and supporting the community and have the patience to wait for class 2 species to be re-classed to class 1 :p

Where to start...

A while back I asked for a new book, they reply with you already have 2 that are overdue for previous years.. This would mean I was owing 3 books! :shock: I had sent these back, one got lost by good old Australia Post so copied my blue copies & sent those back to licensing. All was sorted within the week..apparently not..but wait turns out they did sort it out last year! Back on track, I finally got a new 2009-2010 record book start of March, I requested a 10 page each time I emailed or rang them. After the 2 month waiting period, low & behold they sent me a 5 page book, I really needed 6 pages, so instead of going through it all again & not getting my records returned on time, I sent the book back with a note explaining why I could fit everything in.

Sent my book back early March (registered post) waiting for a new one..

I hope NSW goes online! :)

hmmm, i sent my book in around march.....still no new book received. Might be time for a phone call next week!

I'm in a similar predicament. Sent in my renewal about a month before I needed to send in the book, still has not been processed, sent in my book well before the due date, still no replacement book. What I don't understand is why they can't make simple phone calls. Surely they received at least one of these and records would show that I am now technically Unlicensed if they have not received my renewal. It's not the first time I've had problems. First time I applied for a license I sent in an application for myself and one for my girlfriend in the same envelope, apparently they only received my application (I used paper off of a magicians desk for the other :p) Never mind, one license will do, we then sent in an application for a different license for my girlfriend about a month ago. This came back with a post it note saying the credit card didn't work and to give a new card. She only has the one and there is no problem with the card. These things would be sorted out so much quicker with a phone call to confirm details. Bring on Online licensing!!

They must read these forums (jokes), just checked my statement and the payment has finally been taken out for my renewal. Now I bet my book will turn up Monday morning...

O know! i haven't even sent mine, I forgot ill have to call them...what will they do will i be in any trouble.......just forgot all about......im sure i wouldn't be the first........

Elapid, your time is up.

They will send SWAT to arrest you, seize your assets, put your family on national security watch and you may never see the light of day ever again! LOL

Mine was in early April, got the new one within the fortnight.

Still have mine sitting in the car waiting for the day I personally head into the city, Mrs will not post it for me and I rarely leave the farm and when I do it's during hours that the post office is closed, would make life so much easier if they went online!!

i had no idea you have to send away your record book. i got my licence and book on the 15/11/09 do i still have to send mine away? :S

Not sure how QLD works, but in NSW if you have purchased a reptile since obtaining your licence then yes. If not then a phone called to say you have not purchased a reptile yet maybe all that is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back