Reptile dreams, who's had them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I was in the national park. While taking a leak on a tree I looked Up to see a Carpet draped lazily over a branch, I was afraid to grab it knowing that it could land me in trouble but eventually reached up and took it mid body, it was very placid and made no attempt to escape. It was the most beautifull carpet I had ever seen, Chondro green along the lateral region with black specking and something like a standard carpet pattern along the dorsal area. I remember thinking I had just found the most unique SWCP ever, but upon further examination the head was wrong as the scales weren't broken like a carpet but cleartly definable, the head was also crowned from behind the parietal scales to the rostral scale, I think the upper labials were black.
I remember thinking I may have discovered a new species and then being torn between photographing and releasing it, taking it home and keeping it illegaly or notifying the authorities about what I had just found, then I remember being afraid that DEC might euthanize it and I felt a strong bond to this beautiful snake.

I vaguely remember my mother being in the dream somehow, I think I asked her what she thought I should do. I feel that the dream continued for a while but the rest is very vague. I'm surprised at the clarity of what I just described as I rarely remember my dreams.

I attended my first WAHS meeting the other night and someone had mentioned a recurring dream about Western Browns I think it was.

Who else has had reptile dreams?

I vaguely remember my mother being in the dream somehow

I've had the same kinda thing except it was at a ball or some sort of social event and I was walking past this really awesome fountain and then my mum jumped out of the water but she was green and scaly and tried to kill me so I shot her. What does that mean? Does this count as a reptile dream? :)

I guess so. If it was my dream and my mother in law it would have made perfect sense.

I have wild crazy dreams all the time....
I had a nightmare a few months ago that my husband cut the tails off all my lizards and said it was cos "they look better that way"... I was so angry at him but the lizards didn't seem to mind, they were just cruising around with no tails lol :D
Then the other night I dreamt that I owned a heap of snakes in all shades of pink! They we beautiful!

My dream interpretation book says snake dreams are usually negative, but I think that they would have a different meaning to people who like snakes. What do you reckon?

Thats not fair, my mind will be forever tormented with thoughts of what you could possibly be dreaming about.

Karly I had never dreamed about reptiles until I became interested in them. I think trying to interpret dreams is like looking for something even though you have no idea what it might be.

I had a horrible one the other night :(
I had just read one of the links/threads I saw on here about feeding/leaving live rats in a snake's enclosure. So awful...
I dreamt that we had gone away one weekend and came home to find a rat had somehow gotten into my enclosure and had attacked Asha. She had chunks out of her everwhere. Took her to the vet, but she died later on.
I woke up thinking something along the lines of "what the hell?!"

I remember I had another one, it's really quite odd. This was years, and so was the other one, and when I had 2 Blueys. For reasons I don't remember we adopted a family of gorillas and so we put them in with my Blue Tongues which were being housed in a glass aquarium. So the gorillas set up nests and stuff and all was going well but then one day when I got back from school all the glass was broken and the lizards were dead with chunks missing out of 'em. I then went to the balcony, and the rails for some reason were very small/low to the ground, and all the hill ridge were bush fires and stuff, I also remember sirens and people screaming. Damn gorillas.

I used to have a recurring dream about a T-Rex in my house.

My partner (udername Centro) asked me the other night "What would you do if Moose was grown up and bit you and coiled around you?" to which I replied "if I was worried or it hurt and I couldn't get him off? Jump in a cold shower. If that didn't work, get a bottle of venegar (which I always keep) and drop a touch on his head.............. Why??"

He then said that he'd had a dream that it actually happened... LMAO

I often dream about snakes and zombies. Sometimes in the same dream. Anyone would think it was a nightmare, but nope, I always enjoy those dreams. Lol.

I had a dream that my MD got ripped in half and I was trying to stick tape him back together. Yep.

Wow..... My dreams are never like that. However I have dreamt that I owned a reptile sanctuary.

It sort of worked. According to my crazy dream if I kept the two halves touching each other they would knit back together :lol: I was very upset in the dream because I thought he was going to die but I thought it was funny when I woke up.

I had a dream that my Doonah was made of bubble wrap with big *** bubbles, and in each bubble was a snake or a spider.. while sleeping one night one of the bubbles popped and a spider came out an was crawling all over me!!. I Jump out of bed so freakin fast an my heart was beating like a mad man haha:rolleyes:;)

Dreams are weird... But i Luv them.. :)

i have had dreams before of reps escaping their enclosures and I try to find them and put them back. Or just general housekeeping of enclosures and also visiting pet shops and seeing hatchy snakes out on display and freaking out (as we can't have reptiles in pet shops in n.s.w)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back