reptile park in cairns?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
was there someone on here said the worked there?
were going up there in august, was keen for a visit

Do you mean the Venom Zoo in Kuranda? It's not very good IMO but if you're gonna be up there for the skyrail or something you might as well pop in

No I think it's a zoo with heaps of pythons

The cairns tropical zoo has a reptile section, however I wouldn't say 'heaps'. Of course they also have a lot of other animals from crocodiles to cassowariesto tamarins.

I also recommend the skyrail up to kuranda, though it's better when theres plenty of water over the baron falls. (august will be a bit dry)

Last edited:
I was up there in the start of january. Nice reptile cave walkthrough including scrubbies, a rough scaled, olive, other pythons lizards and a few exotics etc including poison arrow frogs. Heaps of crocs and aligators.
I enjoyed the reptile section (quite impressed, though not overly huge).
Oh and as you are in the lobby to pay entry, there is a gtp enclosure with 5 snakes (at least 2 of which look like emerald tree boas). I think Water rat had dealings with them in the past. I would give it a 6.5 out of ten (worthwhile and enjoyable). Nice reptile show as well (stage a little shabby)

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm Emerald tree boas in with gtps. I should have checked lack of labial pits.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back