Reptile Pit at School

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously mate, how much funding has been allocated for it? People are not going to waste time giving advice if this is just some far fetched dream.

Seriously mate, how much funding has been allocated for it? People are not going to waste time giving advice if this is just some far fetched dream.

Leave the poor kid alone.

I'm more then willing to offer advice on things I know about but how much funding is available will determine:

a) What reptiles can be kept
b) Whether this is actually a plausible idea.

Not trying to take a dig, so sorry if thats how it came across. :)

As everyone else has said, good on you for the initiative, cant give much advice, but as others have said and I'm sure you were already aware, security, security, security.

Hope it works out :)

NO OFFENSE at all but there are to many lil *****$ out there that would love to poke em with a stick, or feed em rat poison or through rocks at em. especially if it a high school.
To many tossers wanted to show off to their mates.

i wouldnt do it for the animals safety

NO OFFENSE at all but there are to many lil *****$ out there that would love to poke em with a stick, or feed em rat poison or through rocks at em. especially if it a high school.
To many tossers wanted to show off to their mates.

i wouldnt do it for the animals safety

that has already been taken into thought......no one in my school would do that every one is keen to get involved in my year and no one will do anything to the animals as getting into this place where they will be kept you have a better chance on running on water.

apart from me every opther student will need to have the science co-ordinator with them it will be locked and away from the playground, the area is not accesable with out as well as i said the enclosure will also be locked

Give this guy support. He's made it clear about security, and he's asking for advice, not critism

Thinks its a good idea...some lasers that chop people up and some crocs around the outside will keep the bad kids away... a strong mesh aviary would be good for security. Maybe even a security camera?

Daniel

Hello every one.

I have been talking with my school principal and head science co-ordinater and they are letting me turn some of the garden area into a reptile pit/outside enclosure.

Any advice?

Thank you

Damien

It is a wonderful idea... sadly though, have you thought about what cats or fox in the area would do to them??? :(

A great idea, expect an increase in reptile sales among the students if all goes well!! (c:

Good luck, and post us pics of the progress once you start construction.

What a fantastic idea Reptile Boy, a great way to educate those you go to school with about the wonders of reptiles.

Make sure you cover all your bases with security and animals trying to get into the enclosure, but other than that it is a wonderful idea

Best of luck with it and keep us all posted on your progress

thanks for the replies guys. i have started drawing plans and listing of animals that can live in there inside enclosures for hatchlings incubators etc. i have a question though.

If i have ewd's in there and in the pond have australian native fish like silver perch eel tail cat fish etc will i have a problem with them attacking each other when ewds are in the water?

have you contacted NPWS as yet? if so, have they given the go ahead, and said what licencing and permits will be required. id hate to see all the hard work and expense put in to this project only to have NPWS can it over licencing or permits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back