Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got an 11 Pm call out turn out to be a Golden Crown curled up in someones front lawn so small by morning it would have been gone i thinks !

I just returned a phone call that went like this...

"Hi Jonno, I've just caught a snake under my house. It's black with a pale stripe behind its head".

"Does it have legs?".

"Yeah, real little ones".

I just returned a phone call that went like this...

"Hi Jonno, I've just caught a snake under my house. It's black with a pale stripe behind its head".

"Does it have legs?".

"Yeah, real little ones".

verrauxi!!!

Probably the weirdest and most memorable relocation I have done involved removing a tree snake from a toilet cistern. He was living in there quite happily with a couple of large green frogs. I think I still have photos somewhere. I will try and dig them out tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Probably the weirdest and most memorable relocation I have done involved removing a tree snake from a toilet cistern. He was living in there quite happily with a couple of large green frogs. I think I still have photos somewhere. I will try and dig them out tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Mate, what is it with tree snakes I pulled one from a dunny cistern in port douglas ( a good sized adult brown ) only to be called back the following week to grab two more hatchies from the sheilas bedroom. She was still in the bed and wouldn't move for nothing, just screaming at her flatmate to ring the snake guy NOW

Haha some really good ones!
Don't you have to have a special license in QLD? Or a course or something? I really want to get into this so any info just PM me please!! :)

I know WILVOS in Queensland is all voluntary and that it's usually injured animals. If they need to be fixed up you can keep em' 'til they're better :D Yay temporary freebies

I once had a callout from a lady that had found a gecko within a hollow easter egg last year. Not knowing if the goods were imported or not I was there asap to see if she had discovered an exotic species encased within the chocolate or not. On my way I got a call from DEH saying that since there was a chance it was imported goods and a foreign species it was their job to seize it. Regardless I went anyway ahead of them just to see (I had tokays on my mind), only to find that the egg had a sizeable hole on it and a marbled gecko (christinus marmoratus) had been residing within it of its own free will (judging by the amount of droppings inside).

Ozzie, when I lived in SA, we got a call from a family who had just moved back to Australia, and brought all their furniture back with them. When they were taking the plastic wrapping off their couch, which they had just taken out of the sealed shipping container, they saw a snake disappear between the cushions. I didn't attend, but the snake was never found.

I'm a volunteer with Wildlife ARC on the Central Coast. We were told at rep training that sometimes people will want to give you money, up to you whether you take it or not, not a good idea as we're there for the fauna and it wouldn't look good. Let them know ARC would appreciate a donation instead.

Ozzie, when I lived in SA, we got a call from a family who had just moved back to Australia, and brought all their furniture back with them. When they were taking the plastic wrapping off their couch, which they had just taken out of the sealed shipping container, they saw a snake disappear between the cushions. I didn't attend, but the snake was never found.

That would have been a worthwhile callout, it could have been countless species. It makes you wonder what species have before or currently do exist is quiet corners of the country, unknown and unseen. Another case I know of regards several Japanese tree frogs that were found clinging to irrigation pipes that were shipped from Japan, and a gray tree frog that arrived from the US within an empty oak barrel.

I run Reptile Rescue in the Hunter Valley,Great Lakes and Central Coast we charge a call out fee nothing over the $80
Also operated 24/7 love catching the big browns in walls under houses sometimes in a roof

I could write a book on snake rescues and the weird and whacky individuals that you meet along with some very memorable moments. But a recent one was to a black snake in a brothel. A lot of people i have told have replied with " do you think it was put there as some sort of weird brothel act? do you think the girls were getting off on it being in the room?"

The truth is never as interesting!

I did ask the bloke on the door as I got there wether they had been having a busy night, and he said that there was a guy turned up about 2 mins before me, and he came out and asked if he was the snake catcher for the black snake! The poor bloke said "what??" and took off!

i think its mainly donation, not an actual fee
You ask for money its a fee.
The snake living at the bottom of an altar in a catholic church. that was pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
i do it as a fulltime job during summer/spring/autumn travelling all over sydney and get called to some of the weirdest jobs but some real crackers as well.There is also alot of inspections and educating,also giving people a pice of mind to feel safe again in there homes or workplaces.
many jobs are customersknee jerk reactions and there was never a ssnake to start with but a bluey or better still this was my all time favourite.

callwas from suther land and women had snake in the track of her slidng door at back of house,she said its head was poking out
i went down there and went into house to remove the foul and loathsome reature to find this in the track of the glass sliding door

163249_10150119055341499_566876498_7634286_6262539_n.jpg

i said is this your snake ,she looked sheepishly and said she wasnt sure,then it buzzed its wings she said YES YES thats was it,
cause it had eyes she thought it was a snake lol
still imagine not charging a fee and having to deal with jobs like that

can i ask what that is...its disgusting whatever it is!

It's some sort of cicada, which I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back