Reptiles and real estate dillema

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A snake isnt a "pet" as such. When a real estate agent says no pets, they mean the cute and cuddly ones that make mess. I wouldnt even bother mentioning the snake and chances are they wont notice or care.

Ive been in two rental properties that specified no pets and havent had an issue yet.

Thanks for all the advice.

Glad to hear that real estates are generally ok with reptiles, I was just stressing and needed some rational advice drummed into me

I think i will go with a semi honest approach and say that i want to get a snake and ask if that would be ok. this will explain the large empty cage while the click clack can stay hidden till they leave. Hopefully they will be ok with it and next time i can show them the snake.

My first rental inspection at this house was funny because I had a lot of reptiles and left them all to be seen. The real estate lady thought they were cool. I did my best to hide all my 200 rats but the lady never looked under the house.

My second inspection here was really funny/awful. I had pneumonia (didn't know that's what it was yet) and was sooo sick I couldn't bring myself to even clean out the rats let alone try to hide them. I also had 3 indoor ragdoll kittens and my other zoo members. To my horror the new inspection lady went under the house and was absolutely grossed out by my rats. She took pictures to show the owners! That night I went in to hospital :p

Two months later it is time to renew the lease and I see they have added 'rats' to the allowed pets on the lease yay!

I was in the same about 2 months ago I had got my snake and a 1200x600x600 enclosure and they said no -.- my property manager is a (b***h) And she came in and looked through the house (lucky my snake was in her hide) she said I couldnt have snake I said I dident put your hand in there and find out :) she hasn't come back since

I though we would be fine cause we were aloud 2 cats .. Like *** haha :)

I've never said anything about them, never tried to hide them, not that im sure i could, and nothing's ever been said about them...and I've been through a few real estates with them...
They seem more concerned with pets that can destroy their house.

If it's only 1 enclosure just make a set of solid doors (melamine), screw on a handle, couple of hinges on the end, screw this to the side of the enclosure and presto, no snake enclosure, it's a cupboard they are not allowed to open. The second they walk out the door unscrew the hinges and magically a snake enclosure appears.

i dont think there should be a problem its not venomious and is in a tank !
its practicly a fish! lol

Thats what I said to the real estate agents at my inspection. My BHP's tank looks like a piece of furniture and the locks on the hood are obvious so they had no complaints. Just never mentioned the blood bath in the bathroom at feeding time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back