reptiles australia is out,great wheeleri article

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I urge everyone to get onboard with this mag. Great articles, great photos and only with the help of the herping community can it get better! Subscribe and reap the rewards ;) (ps: I have nothing to do with the mag except being a subscriber :))

I think there are alot of animals that aren't given the credit they deserve. With the wide range of aussie animals kept here it would be great to see different article on the less commonly kept species and perhaps on some of the endangered species that don't have the benefits of recovery plans to help them survive.

I'm hanging to see artciles or care sheets on things like Panoptes, or scaly foots and Yakka Skinks etc.

i love the magazine and i could not wait to read the wheeleri article i thought the article was great, i cant wait to see them at the expo.

I urge everyone to get onboard with this mag. Great articles, great photos and only with the help of the herping community can it get better! Subscribe and reap the rewards ;) (ps: I have nothing to do with the mag except being a subscriber :))

i love that , subscribe and reap the rewards ,,hahaha , what like have every one tom dick and harry read it and tell you about before you get your subscribed edtion in the mail ,,,good one thats worth it...i think its very over priced for the content offered and once you take all the adds out your only left with half a mag for your money ....ps theres not much in that mag that you cant find on the internet, and i dont think theres a big enough market in OZ just yet for it to survie ..(DESCLAMER) I DONT WORK FOR THE MAG IN ANYWAY

well magazines like reptiles australia count on subscribers and people buying there magazine,the more support tyhey get,the better they can be,they also need to cover a wide variety from begginners to experts as well ,thats what i meant by its hard to please everyone,meaning each issue,i love all reptiles so look forward to all the issues and find them quite interesting,i think some articles from other people would help them tremendously,same with all the herp societys,the amount of species being bred these days and u dont read articles about it is amazing,even some species u do read about,theres so many different ways of doing things so its good to hear of other peoples ideas,i love the herping sections as well,showing different parts of aus,im looking forward to the mags future,and hope it continues to improve like it has been

is there any other reptile mag in australia that is primarily based on australian stuff??
I didnt think there was

over priced,pffffft,im sure if it was your mag you would have it for free,lol,like i said,theres no pleasing everyone,yes u can look at stuff on the net for free,well the net isnt entirely free is it,plus theres alot of rot to wade through on the net as well,im not having ago at u pythonpit,everyone is entitled to there opinions and i respect that,they do seem to have subscriber issues with getting it out there on time,i find it at the newsagents before alot of people get theres in the mail,but being in victoria probably helps there,i also agree that alot of the articles are very basic,but theres great ones in there to,and what is very basic and boring to one person is excellent to others,maybe some of you people who say its boring could pen to paper and show us how to make it more exciting,spice things up so to speak,,its very easy to diss things,but if its not up to your standards,do something about it,show them how to do it,im sure they would welcome articles ect,especially from some of the internet experts out there:p
sorry just had to say it,im hopping back in my shell now

the market is to small for it to last , i think i said that in my last post , for example , how many times do you think thay can use each python , gecko , ep , to fill there mag before it starts get boring ,how many people are thay going to feature untill all thoughs that want to be in the mag are in it time and time again ,with only a very small amount of subject matter it will be imposable for them ( or you ) or me to keep it fresh and new , now if it was only twice a year it mite have some legs, do you see what im saying , herpers are a very small mynoraty , and out of that small group only a small number of them like all reps , alot of keepers i know couldnt give a hoot about geckos , and others dont see the beuty in snakes ... im a balls to wall sort of person , if your guna do it do it right , not half assed, and it sems no great thought went into the longeverty of this mag, all most like thay said heres a quick buck we can make , lets put out a mag, it will be a year or two and thay will have to start puting in reps from around the world because thay would have done all oz rep to death....the mags good for newbies but anyone thats been in the scene for a while just yawns ( apart from the odd story or two) . i cancled my subsciption after my 4th issue got delived 2 weeks late , way after i read it in the news agent while standing there for 5 minutes ( thats how long it took me to read it )...yawn....

yep they do seem to have the same old articles hey,im sick of the amount of articles ive read on wheeleri,lake erye dragons,um should i keep going on,breeding of rough scale pythons,they keep repeating the same old thing,lol,are u sayin simon stones articles are crap,the python empathy ones,i guess u could do it better,not as half ****d as they do it,its all good saying that mate but like i said,if thats so,prove it,you sound superly experienced to me,show noobs like greg fyfe how experienced people keep stuff,5 mins to read the whole issue,cripes if u read that fast no wonder u find it boring,i spend more than 5 mins just looking at the pics,like i said,u cant please everyone,oh may i point out ive been keeping reptiles for 28 years,so might be almost over the beginner stage,but im big enough to say i dont know it all,ill offer help if i can,the mag is more than just on husbandry as well,u must have skipped those sections,anyways,im not sure i can win this argument,your higher being herp knowledge crushes my noob intelect,i think ill go play with my rubber dinosaurs :)

like i said im not having a go at you,i actually see where u are coming from,and agree on certain things that u said,but i still think it is great to have an aussie reptile mag,i get the us reptiles mag alot as well,but back to the point,yes it would be great if others would write articles,but im saying instead of just saying that,why not have a crack at writing one your self,much more productive then just saying something is lame and boring,this is an australian magazine for australians and written by australians,well mostly,lol,but u get the drift,there are endless topics to put in there,u also state there to small a market for the magazine,reptiles are getting more popular by the day,all the noobs out there are great,and what better way to promote our hobby then by having an aussie reptile mag full of info,also u say lots of advertising in there,magazines rely on advertisers to survive,especially when there(as u put it) trying to sell in such a small market,im just saying yes theres alot of room for improvement,im sure they at the mag say the same as well,but give it time,maybe support it,and it will improve,sure there will be issues that u find uninteresting ,im not denying that,as thats a given with any mag,just as it is with this forum,anyways we are way off topic so peace out

yes not worth the money , it was way before its time and that will be its down fall , im not into writing mags(think i made that clear in one of my posts) i do read them but not this one not anymore and thats how i feel about it , theres no need for you to all ****y about it , you started the thread , did you think everyone out there was so in ore of this mag as you were ?? , **** sorry .....do you work for the mag or something out there doing the midnight bashing of all the non belivers...
theres nothing wrong with noobs , and if theres any noobs out there tonight still awake i recomend thay read all that thay can get there hands on ,,,what reps were you keeping at age 4 ? i had a bluey

by the time thay get it right it will be to late ,

i had a colony of blotched blueys,actually bred them at 5,thats indoors to,but yeah,no i have no ties at all with the mag,just find it odd that u jumped in attacking the mag,all the way from china,no need to get shirty,does it matter if a member has posted 700 times in 1 month,u come across as negative to me,thats why i piped up,im sorry if u took it as being rude,i just gave my opinion,im thick skinned,so can take it,just cause u kept a bluey when u were 4 doesnt make u super experienced,do u know what species it was ?????just out of curiosity,the more u speak the more i have to laugh,your welcome to your opinion of the mag,just as i and everyone else is,im not denying u that,just that your argument is very skewiff,but u did have a bluetongue when you were 4 so how do i argue with that,please tell me you are older than 6 now,how old are you,welcome to the site by the way,what species do u have experience with

so did u read the green tree python special edition of reptiles australia,devoted to green trees,and no need to get narky guys,this is about a magazine

i thought id have my say here even though its gone off topic. I think the reptiles australia mag is a great way to learn new things. Such as the doc roc page every month. Sure theres things on there thats in it every month, and yes you can read most of the info from the net.. But good on the person who started the mag because without it, we would all be looking on the net every second which is mainly crap info anyway.
Dont put someone down because you dont like the mag, sure you have your point too. but could you do any better?obviously not if thats the only reptile mag in aus at the moment.
we need to support these things not reject them.
i actually look forward to the mag coming out everytime. and im not even a subscriber. besides why complain about the money for the book?every other book in newsagencies are the same amount, or more.
And if you find theres no infomation in the book for you, you might have considered yourself to be a "know it all"
I doubt you wont find at least one thing you dont know about in the book

well put shnakey,i dont expect every one to like the magazine,cant see where i said that snakepit,i started this tthread as theres been alot of talk recently about wheeleri geckos and if there legally in captivity in australia in this forum,from before u became a member of this site,so thought id mention theres an article in the latest issue from an australian who is breeding them,u seem to want to bring the magazine down,and have a go at people,thats your choice,but it wont get u anywhere,yes im 30 something,and yes i like the mag,so what,are u saying that i shouldnt,anyways im not going to keep debating with you,people can make there minds up if they like it or not,it doesnt affect me in any way

i love that , subscribe and reap the rewards ,,hahaha , what like have every one tom dick and harry read it and tell you about before you get your subscribed edtion in the mail ,,,good one thats worth it...i think its very over priced for the content offered and once you take all the adds out your only left with half a mag for your money ....ps theres not much in that mag that you cant find on the internet, and i dont think theres a big enough market in OZ just yet for it to survie ..(DESCLAMER) I DONT WORK FOR THE MAG IN ANYWAY

Geeeeshhh Sounds like a bit of sour grapes from you thepythonpit! :lol: I think considering the VAST amount of Aussie mags on reptiles out there...plus all the whining from some out there who think they get short-changed from buying it 8) ...it's not a wonder they have to repeat some articles or place more ads in it to make it financially worthwhile. In addition, I’ve never seen it written anywhere in the magazine that it was a charity??? Maybe you can just borrow it off other people to save a few bucks ;) My copy always arrives before it hits the shelves (or close to) and is a welcome sight in my mailbox ;) Personally I’d like more elapid articles in there, but I’m not everyone and I can deal with it. Maybe you need to take a few breaths :D

I'm not the biggest fan of the magazine but that's more to do with me not being big on magazines in general. I think anyone who devotes that much time and effort to something and takes pride in their work deserves some respect at least and if that can't be managed fine, but what purpose is served by slagging off publicly about something which is obviously important to the people who create it? Constructive critiscism is one thing, if it's struggling to hold people's interest and needs to be a bit sexier (just add elapids Moose ;)) then I'm sure whoever owns/creates the magazine would probably be grateful for feedback, but I don't see what purpose is served by being nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back