reptiles australia is out,great wheeleri article

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been getting the mag since day one.Haven't got the latest issue yet however the one before it was their worst one by a mile.Seemed like it was all ads.Very dissapointing.

magazines rely on adds,yes theres a few in there,but there reptile adds,i dont see the issue,if theres no adds,theres likely no magazine,like i said from the start,its not going to please everyone with every issue

so did u read the green tree python special edition of reptiles australia,devoted to green trees,and no need to get narky guys,this is about a magazine

Sorry off topic, but which issue was this one? Ta

magazines rely on adds,yes theres a few in there,but there reptile adds,i dont see the issue,if theres no adds,theres likely no magazine,like i said from the start,its not going to please everyone with every issue

Thanks for the info captain however when the vast majority of the mag consists of adverts then the quality of the mag gets called into question.

well personally I didnt thnk much of the wheeleri article. It was superficial and I felt it was just a cut and paste of any nephrurus care sheet.

So, there are so many smart and experienced keepers on this site, instead of bagging the articles, why not write some for the mag? i for one would appreciate that, and instead of basic caresheet info, readers would be getting first hand knowledge and helpful tips

Well said Jen,
So, there are so many smart and experienced keepers on this site, instead of bagging the articles, why not write some for the mag? i for one would appreciate that, and instead of basic caresheet info, readers would be getting first hand knowledge and helpful tips
r.a.m is a good mag with no where near as many ads as its american / european counterparts, and generally good info in it.

Well said Jen,

r.a.m is a good mag with no where near as many ads as its american / european counterparts, and generally good info in it.

It's a fantastic magazine. Of course every issue isn't going to be to everyones tastes. But for $10 what more do you want?? I find alot of the adverts just as interesting as the articles, it's great to see what new products are available. Our hobby has come so far in the last 10 years, and it's products like Reptiles Australia that will take our hobby forward in leaps and bounds and put it up there with bird and fish keepers. I think it's great that a novice or someone with a passing interest in herps can walk into a newsagency and pick up a magazine such as this.
I think everyone should be behind it, the publishers have taken a huge gamble and would be sad to see that magazine disappear.

anyways,im not sure i can win this argument,your higher being herp knowledge crushes my noob intelect,i think ill go play with my rubber dinosaurs :)

lol love it! ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back