Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually like commenting in these type of threads, it always leads to a hammering for some poor bugger. But I'm going to put my two cents' worth in.
It shouldn't really matter to one, what the other is doing. If you like the cross breeds.. then buy one. If you don't.. then don't buy one. It really is that simple. There is always going to be someone that tries to succeed in crossing something that no one else has.. so what?? If they succeed and have buyers, well good on them. As long as the animal in question is always onsold as a cross and correctly identified when advertising for sale.
As for the last comment... I don't think it will ever become a problem to buy a pure of any of the species. There are plenty of people that have crosses that still keep some species pure, but there are also the steadfast purists that will never let a species become corrupted.
So whether you see them as ugly mungrels, or simply stunning... remember... to each his own.

well said mate

I want to cross myself with a hot women to, but if your in N.S.W read your licence its illegal not to mention wrong. Under N.S.W permit we are care takers not god so PLEASE keep it natural.
oh is it hot in here or am i about to get flammed?

Cross breeding is wrong in a sense that it will eventually make it hard to source pure breeds and jack the price up not only that but locality pure animals will be getting harder to find. Stick to the natural stuff in most cases its much nicer. States have laws against it for a reason not only that but the requirements for the offspring what would they be? You would have to rewrite the book just like when in the states they cross vens they create a new venom sometimes now making an anitivenin would be costly and this means that either you spend the dough on the new antivenin or you don't get bitten.

I don't usually like commenting in these type of threads, it always leads to a hammering for some poor bugger. But I'm going to put my two cents' worth in.
It shouldn't really matter to one, what the other is doing. If you like the cross breeds.. then buy one. If you don't.. then don't buy one. It really is that simple. There is always going to be someone that tries to succeed in crossing something that no one else has.. so what?? If they succeed and have buyers, well good on them. As long as the animal in question is always onsold as a cross and correctly identified when advertising for sale.
As for the last comment... I don't think it will ever become a problem to buy a pure of any of the species. There are plenty of people that have crosses that still keep some species pure, but there are also the steadfast purists that will never let a species become corrupted.
So whether you see them as ugly mungrels, or simply stunning... remember... to each his own.

Each to their own? Not going to happen... The pure red neck poachers believe that it's their way or no way.
Ever asked a Texas man to think logically? He would just shoot you in the leg and call you a witch.

so anyone that commented that has a dog or cat that has been cross-bred is being a hypocrite....

All dogs are cross bred and most dingoes too so now its hard to find real dingoes. Just saying. Not only this its not making you a hypocrite it is proving the point of how pure breeds will be harder to come by and therefore more expensive. Having a dog or a cat of a cross breed lineage is no sin as is having a snake cross breed is no sin its breeding them that people are concerned about.

Some of these comments make me sick to the stomach! A real visceral reaction! Have a guess which comments and attitudes are so disgusting and distasteful as to create such a feeling!

so anyone that commented that has a dog or cat that has been cross-bred is being a hypocrite....
true that and im pretty sure most gtps in aus are crossed from different locality's therefore a form of cross breeding

Well if we are delving into the world of crosses just look at the human population. People are crossing with who ever we like and then they have the nerve to say a snake cant do it...
just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back