Runescape vs WOW ( dork alert )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor_Keeper

Reaction score
Who here has played these games and for which reason do you like one better?

I personally prefer RS as it was free and i got involved before i even heard about wow and next thing ya know 138 combat maxed ;)

But i have played wow for a month or so ad it was fun but ehh

i havent played either (I used to play the old warcrafts lol. I personally like star craft 2 but it is a personal choice for each gamer I think.

WoW costs money because they do constant maintenance on it to keep it running smoothly (as much as they can, Blizzard is known for breaking things for fun ;)). WoW is definitely better imo.

I tried getting into WoW but I had to use patches and all sorts of stuff that I had no idea about... I am really techno dumb(and I know it lol) my best friend gets right into Wow she is almost addicted I reckon....for what I did see of it I loved the graphics :)

wow does have alot of patches and i have friends of ages ranging 10-60 addicted to wow, buttt rs is too boss ;)

Man when.i first played wow i didnt sleep for 3 days. tuesday nights were defiently the worst lol but best game out. ive tried all types of rpgs but nothen could compare to wow imo

No way. WoW ALL the way. I don't care how much I pay for it, the graphics are amazing, if you have a good pc it runs smooooooooth as anything, the mounts are awesome, the races are awesome, the pets, classes, professions, hell. There's even sexual innuendos!! What more could someone want! :p If anyone wants to add me I'm a lvl 85 troll deathknight on the Aman'thul realm. My name is Geloundra ^_^

haha yeah i am actually not gonna lie here, the reason i quit wow after a month was because i did become addicted and i knew it, i was playing it non stop like 6-8 hours a day and was like :0 i have to get rid of it haha and stick to casual rs ;)

Haha CM, there's nothing to it xD The patches are installed automatically after the game is installed off the discs. You need to download them, so you need to make sure you internet quota is big enough to do it (the amount of download you have per month). I'm not sure how big all the patches are but it's pretty decent.

If anyone wants to add me I'm a lvl 85 troll deathknight on the Aman'thul realm. My name is Geloundra ^_^

I gather you're not into end game content, cause your gear, spec and glyphs are a MESS.

On an unrelated note, there's a big emphasis on level 85 content, because levelling is now no longer something that takes months to achieve (can be done in little as four days 1-85.) If you like spending hours in groups of people (anywhere from 10-40), then you'll like WoW.

Last edited:
played wow on retail for a while but their customer service sucked so i now occasionally play private servers whenever my housemate plays, i played rs ages ago but could never go back to it after the variaty of games ive played

RS For sure Don't like how WOW Never ends, (Well not unless you play 24/7)

WoW player of 7 years in May - and the pandas idea just makes me want to punch somebody's face. Just signed up for the annual pass (because hubby is addicted to it still unfortunately) so we could get D3. Going to be lots of coffee and red eyes in the house when it lauches. Played RS for a year before that but got tired of how basic it seemed. Basic is about the best word I can come up with for it... just lacked something but I don't quite know what. Hubby played (and still does on occasion) the Morrowind games, old versions of Warcraft, Baldur's Gate etc etc. My vote though... WoW because the social atmosphere (if it can be argued that there is one in an MMORPG) is better in my opinion.
I <3 my nerdy PC gaming hubby! FOR THE ALLIANCE! And yes... Druids rule... I have 4@85. Multi-boxing anyone?

Ahh, druids unite <3 Leveling my third now xD I really want to be Alliance... but the guild is Horde :(

RS For sure Don't like how WOW Never ends, (Well not unless you play 24/7)

Are you kidding me? It is far easier and quicker to max out on WoW than on RS.

I used to play RS way back, in classic even where getting a level meant hard work haha. Played WoW from vanilla too. Both eventually bored the living crap out of me haha, but WoW is easily the better game. RS is for people who can't do anything more than click =p.

Theres only one thing RS would have on WoW and that is the clan scene, much more entertaining than guilds on WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back