Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pakinjak

Reaction score
Hello,

the email said to say hello, so I am. I bought my first snake, a cal. king about two years ago, and quickly realized that it just wasn't going to do it for me in the long run. So I spent about eight months casually researching snakes, their sizes, temperaments, looks etc, and arrived on a jungle carpet for my next one. I didn't really know enough about carpets back then, and I found a local guy who had some just born.

Turns out she's probably a coastal. I would welcome your opinions on the matter. I don't want a 12 ft. snake, but right now I'm planning on keeping her until she gets too big or I find the perfect DEFINITE jungle.

She's about 5 weeks in this picture, and has gotten bigger and more golden since.

Last edited:
G'day and welcome to APS mate, lovely little fella you have there. Whats wrong with a 12ft snake? The bigger the better IMO. And i dont look like a coastal to me, coastals are usualy brown when that size i think, least mine were. Someone else will know more.

Welcome

Welcome,i would say its a Coastal Carpet,as hatchies their is a huge variance in colour,some are orangey-brown etc.IMO it looks like a little one i have here...in saying that some Jungles that have little to no colour would look like that too..Without knowing the history of either the parents its hard to say for sure if its a Coastal or Jungle...Maybe when he-she is older if its a JUngle the colour would help indentify a bit more...Having a closer look,it could be a Jungle,with little colouring...

Mebebrian- The only reason I was even able to get a snake in the first place was because my wife thought the 10" king wasn't going to get any bigger... so trading up at all is pushing it. Plus, I want to be able to manage it myself.

But I love it already, so I will hang on to it for as long as I can.

Thanks for the replies and opinions, dudes.

Are you all in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back