Shedding and eating.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgieo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering, Should I feed my bredli still if he has gone milky?

He hasn't shed or gone milky just before a feed, I gave him an adult mouse and he is just playing with it and now lost interest.

Should I take it out or leave it for a bit? The Diamond still eats his... but he is still on Fuzzies.

He normally eats his food so bloody quick....

Thanks.

Morgan

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind.... In the time i came in here to post on here, he ate. So he answered my question.

Thanks.

They can still be fed during a shed cycle, it just depends on if they want to eat or not during the cycle. Some do and some don't. They can also take forever to eat the food item, I fed my spotted last Wednesday during her cycle (shes still in shed) but she took over half an hour before attempting to eat it, then another half an hour for her to actually eat it cause she was trying to eat bum first and it just didn't work out very well :rolleyes: lol. But yah at least he didn't waste the food item. :)

i fed mine this morning, 3 ate and one that is in shed didnt, out of the 3 that ate 2 of them shed not long after eating! Each snake is different, some will NEVER refuse a feed, others will sometimes eat in shed, and some will never eat.

my one that refused is one of the sometimes ones. She has refused her last 2 feeds. I leave the rats in overnight with her, usually they are gone in the morning.

beware though my water python has a filthy habbit of defacating in his skin if I feed him at the wrong time (NEVER refused a feed). Which isn't really a drama unless you want to keep the skins, which I do so I just watch when I feed him.

If they want to eat feed them :twisted: saves blood later on lol, just my opinion. It shouldn't hurt them either.

beware though my water python has a filthy habbit of defacating in his skin if I feed him at the wrong time (NEVER refused a feed). Which isn't really a drama unless you want to keep the skins, which I do so I just watch when I feed him.

If they want to eat feed them :twisted: saves blood later on lol, just my opinion. It shouldn't hurt them either.

I once got a clean shed from my Bredli gave it away thinking ill get more cant get one without crap in it.

My Bredli eats all the time even when it coming up for a shed. That's also the only time she's grumpy food and shed time.

I once got a clean shed from my Bredli gave it away thinking ill get more cant get one without crap in it.

My Bredli eats all the time even when it coming up for a shed. That's also the only time she's grumpy food and shed time.

Yeah my waters been hiding for a few days now, I missed the milky eyes but caught his blue skin, can't miss the sookyness either :rolleyes: Cleaned out his enclosure today and there was nothing from the last feed other than urates I cleaned a few days prior so I think this shed will have a Chrissy present inside to.... lol

My Bredli has had 2 clean sheds recently.
He managed to defecate after the shed.
Still collecting them. Tho he is buffing up. Really cuddly snake tho.

Thanks for your feed back all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back