Shedding question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jungle_smith

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a jungle python and my partner has a bredli. About 2 weeks before we saw milky eyes both of our snakes have shown a different personality.

My jungle went into hiding, while the bredli a normally placid snake who has never tagged since my partner has had her has tried to strike once and also landed a successful bite (around feeding)

My question is does anyone else notice different from normal behavior a week or two prior to seeing milky eyes?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

not really... tho some times my 2 go into hiding for a few days leading up to it, both my snakes are very easy going and never shown any agression tho... mind you if my skin was tight and itching all over id be a bit cranky also

I think its a case of i cant see whats approaching me my eyes are blury so back off or im gonna go into defense mode. I find it best to leave mine alone completely once the 1st signs of shedding appear :) change the water place a feed in as normal but i choose not to handle or touch. I know i would be freaked out if objects were coming towards me n i was half blind lol. I used to say mine got PST ha ha like PMT but yeah its not really like that just leave them be i say. But thats just the way i roll im sure others will tell u different.

Ok its early i obviously need more coffee lol. Just read your actual question was about 2 wks prior to milky eyes....mine have never showed PST that early in.

Last edited:
I do tend to leave them be while shedding. In this case there were no milky eyes. The bredli only just went milky 2 days ago. The tag attempt and bite were 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Well i would say the tag bite had nothing to do with shedding lol might have been having a bad day

Yep
There all different some of mine will go into hiding and you won't see til they shed and some can become very defensive until they have had a there shed and then go back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back