Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all you blue tongue owners do you have a UV light in your Blue tongues enclosure or do you take them out in the sun regularly

geckolover07, yes, the first and second skink are the same. My cat brought it to me. She's always bringing me lizards to add to my collection. Pitty I can't keep them all!

Mighty Moose, I have UVB lightimg in my blueys tank and take her out into the sun also. Fat lot of good the tank lighting does, as she's always hiding under stuff.

Does anyone know why my Buffy doesn't have a stripe along her eye and other blueys do? Is it a location bred difference? Here's another pic of Buffy chowing down on a snail.
chow-time-23799.jpg

lizardjasper- is she a eastern?
if she is it could be from intergrading with a northern but im not sure or some easterns found in northern australia lack the eyeband

These are a few wild skinks I saw on a trip I took. If you look closely you can see that the land mullet is chewing on the claw of a lamington spiny cray. I'm not too sure what the other species are. Skinks do rule! I wish I knew where I could get a hold of some of the smaller species like copper tails or eastern water skinks though...

Attachments

• DSCF2805.JPG
    DSCF2805.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF2823.JPG
    DSCF2823.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF2831.JPG
    DSCF2831.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 141
I'm not 100% positive as I got her from a petshop and you know what they're like -know nothing - but I think she's an eastern.

I want your little shingle sensations!
Heres my heffers:
l_45e810.jpg

dscf7910.jpg

Photos are a bit out of date, im so lazy....

These are up to date, as in i took them just now:

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

I don't think a lot of people have PF skinks. I know Danny has some. I've got a colony of 4, not really sure who is who in the zoo so to speak. They are hard to sex as it seems to be based mainly on size? Well that's what the JCU paper on them said.
I need to upgrade their enclosure as they have grown a bit since I got them. Also when they fight they tend to take the ends of each others tails off!! :eek: little buggers. Noticed one the other day is regrowing its tail end back :(

haha now im here i got three skinks...they are all shinglebacks...

Kooba

Cobar

Buddah

What a funny looking little boy buddah is! Can you get a pic from face on, so we can see his eyes? I've never seen one with those coloured scales before

Im too lazy to go advanced but id use the *cry emoticon* I want a WA!!!!!!!!!

yeah i use UVB in my enclosure for my bluey...
and take him out to sun regularly also as hes continuously hiding...

lizardjasper- to me it looks like an alpine/blotched from the markings on its back. cant see it properly tho.

Well i want to bump this thread ! Because I really want to see some beautiful skinks and their setups !

Alright, here's Buffy with her friend Stumpy. Stumpy is my friends Shingleback. Buffy loves going over to visit!
buffy-and-stumpy-best-friends-stumpy-is-stimpys-girlfriend-and-buffy-often-goes-over-to-their-house-for-visits-and-cups-of-tea-24292.jpg

Naww awesome skinks ! Keep them coming :D Id love to see some of the less spoken of skinks aswell :D

This a new pic of my skink

thought it was cute

Attachments

• 17032010069.jpg
    17032010069.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 110
Tree Skinks :D i had to take them out of the cage they're not keen on photos launch off the branches as soon as i take the camera near them :rolleyes:

tree-skinkkk-26235.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back