Show us a battle wounds!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Freak

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we all post our "battle wounds" from our pets.. What ever they may be. I'll start with mine, its nothing exciting but its all I got, hehe. I got these from my Atherton, Monty. I guess I hadn't washed the rat smell of properly, I even pulled one of his little teeth out of my finger, poor Monty!

44554_10150260485690510_607290509_14694789_8297050_n.jpg

41308_10150260485790510_607290509_14694791_7427808_n.jpg

There are plenty of outher 'show me your ____' with bite wounds scratches ect ect,
Just a thought

Shane

Yer ive seen a few post already before, intresting to see what other animals do like possums and so on...

Im soon to be taged as i have a new jungle girl ;)

Ouch!!!!!!
Sorry I have no photos but I wanted to ask you something!!!
My mum takes care of our neighbours snake as it is quite nasty due to previous owner care, and it bites as soon as you even but a finger in the cage. Anyway, my mum was handling it for a week or so, and realised her hand was incredibly itchy. I was wondering if snakes had a small amount of venim in them still, or is it something else causing the slightly red, puffy and itchy hand????

I am not normally a show off but this one here could use a band aid..
057.jpg

077.jpg

106.jpg

093.jpg

130.jpg

133-1.jpg

Can't find my next few days photos where I had a week of lovely black hand and arm. Didn't look like something a little mouth could do...hehe...well, his was 8ft at the time, still, the bruise looked like I was hit by a cricket ball, not bitten by a snake.

057.jpg

077.jpg

106.jpg

093.jpg

130.jpg

133-1.jpg

Can't find my next few days photos where I had a week of lovely black hand and arm. Didn't look like something a little mouth could do...hehe...well, his was 8ft at the time, still, the bruise looked like I was hit by a cricket ball, not bitten by a snake.

Very nice! a hungry feeding bite is the worst I reckon lol

lol, nice job mysnakes, lucky u dont have carpet,..(well other than the carpet python hahaha)

mines pretty lame in comparison, but still my proudest moment, hahaha, by a 5.5ish ft diamond (whos still snappy as but hasnt connected in about 18 months,..)

forgot to take pics while the blood was still dripping everywhere, doh, needed a bucket of water and some patience to remove her,....!!!

Attachments

• bellabite.jpg
    bellabite.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,014
057.jpg

077.jpg

106.jpg

093.jpg

130.jpg

133-1.jpg

thats a beauty

Took me half hour to finally get him onto the rat. Everytime I tried to unwind him off my arm he'd wrap tighter and the head was coming back looking for another chance. I got his mouth off my arm using the handle of a wooden spoon. Gently much firmly slid it between my skin and the corner of his mouth. Next chew he finally let go but unwinding him was hard. But my daughter gave the rat a warm up under the hot water tap and brought it back. He finally got the right idea and unwound himself from my arm so he could kill the dead rat. Not normally a biting snake, he is a very placid python. It was my fault that I checked his thawing rat and then went to remove him from his enclosure because he lives with another snake. I never gave it a thought to wash my hands beforehand, and this is what happen.

Wow love all the photos so far, my gosh, Mysnakesau you deserve a medal for that! I like my fav is the left over bruise/teeth marks, haha! Thats one hungry bite

Mysnakesau, that first pic is funny as. I bet the snake felt pretty stupid once it found out it missed the rat.

In future just blow air into the snakes mouth, if that fails a dab of spirits or vinegar should do the trick. Although leaving it on to squeeze out more blood makes for more interesting pics :lol: If you stay still long enough they will let go and try and find a better angle to eat you.

I find placid snakes are the ones most likely to get you with a feeding bite.

Here's a next day photo, bruise was still growing here. Size wise didn't change much more but it was very dark after a few days and took a week or so to start to disappear.
019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back