Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrapper the alpha male EWS is definitely a bottomless pit when it comes to food. Cold wet weather gone today and he was back in the same spot standing guard (I think) over his territory (and harem).

Scrapper is insatiable, he just get can't enough food. This contrasts greatly with Lizzy (the very friendly and tame house female EWS) who is satisfied generally with less - 4 or 5 worms is usually a big feeding for her. Maybe she knows she can rely on me to give her food when ever she needs it if she's hungry and cant catch enough herself.

Scrapper wont let me closer than about 12", no matter how slowly and non-threateningly I move, he runs away and hides behind the downpipe but peeks out to check what's going on within a minute of hiding.

Lizzy and Scrapper have such hugely different personalities, even before I got Lizzy to trust me, she was never as greedy as Scrapper is.

Last edited:
Picked up these two little Broad Banded Sandswimmers from ParanoidPython over the weekend, really happy with them. Great fun to watch appear from nowhere under the sand and swiftly hunt down any crickets roaming around the enclosure.

DSC_0479.jpgDSC_0477.jpgDSC_0478.jpgDSC_0476.jpg

Very nice looking pair of blueys.

Lizzy's not been inside since Friday, I've seen her outside since. Guess Lizzy and Scrapper have been mating like crazy too.

No wonder Scrapper is so hungry.

Is this the only pair of lizards you have ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back