Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccattack

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I suppose I'll start off with the one I just got, Viserion, I was told she was around 2 years old, but she looks a bit small to me, opinions?

Also, whole enclosure pictures would be sweet!

601842_369704326473712_399798931_n.jpg

gujujy2u.jpg

u3ytazap.jpg

vyqedeza.jpg

These lil guys are 5 months old... I've since redecorated their enclosure but gives u an idea :)

I would doubt that your guy is 2 years old from that pic.. I love EWD's

She's only just started developing the orange on the bottom, does this give a clearer indication?

EWD's are great, can't wait for my next one to join the collection. :)

awesome stuff! EWD are amazing creatures

She's only just started developing the orange on the bottom, does this give a clearer indication?

EWD's are great, can't wait for my next one to join the collection. :)

From my understanding both male & female get the red underbelly... The males colours & features are much more pronounced however... Both mine (I think ones male & ones female) started to get their red underbelly coloring at about 3 months old...

Ahhokay, thank you. When I got her I had the option between male and female, both looked almost indistinguishable, hopefully getting the male once this one's eye's fixed. I'll upload pictures of my current enclosure tomorrow, before and after the substrate disaster!

I don't own this guy anymore but I still got some pics from a while ago
yteru6yz.jpg

te9ysara.jpg

He was in an outdoor pit

Here's the Paludarium-type Enclosure I've decided with for now with two Featherfin Cat fish residing the bottom along with a Convict Cichlid, but I may take him out (haven't seen him go at the tail dangling in the water, probably because the lizard freaks it out)

paludarium 3.jpg
plaudarium 2.jpg
paludarium.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the Paludarium-type Enclosure I've decided with for now with two Featherfin Cat fish residing the bottom along with a Convict Cichlid, but I may take him out (haven't seen him go at the tail dangling in the water, probably because the lizard freaks it out)

View attachment 290283
View attachment 290286
View attachment 290287

I really like the concept of setting up an enclosure the way you have there with full bottom water feature... Would b cool to watch your dragons swim...

How do u go with water changes? Is it a big job? I've often thought of a set up similar to yours but would like to be able to drop the water out nice & simple... With like a value at the bottom...

It's not overly difficult, I just shove a bit of hose in and the other end out the window and siphon it out, then just refil it, simple stuff!

379627_373027362808075_21114228_n.jpg

Cut apart an old bird cage today to create this, she's lovin' it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back