Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody suggest some foods I can feed my EWD that will help it grow faster? She's nearing 2 years of age but is only the size of a baby, so I need to bulk her up a bit. The guy I got her off thinks because he had her in with a few others she hasn't grown as big.

21351_386664934777651_177849240_n.jpg

I feed lots of crux, every 2nd day a whole tub between 2. Once a fortnight they get a largish pinkie and I scatter mealies on the salad every now and again.. salad almost always on offer. Kale,broccoli,butternut,endive,squash and peas as a staple and offer fruits here and there..

They seem happy..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Nothing wrong with your setup just dragons... Thx for sharing the pics... Your guy looks solid... How old is he? Def some great shots on this thread ;)

About 2 and a half. I got them as young hatchies off vampstro on here.

Spike

My daughters 6month old :)

Attachments

• Water Dragon1.jpg
    Water Dragon1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Water Dragon2.jpg
    Water Dragon2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 133
Any of you Members got any snaps of some big guys.. 4 or 5 years old?? I love to see the colours as the mature.

About 2 and a half. I got them as young hatchies off vampstro on here.

Very good... I'm looking forward to my lil fella getting a couple of years under his belt... I know that wild EWD are quite tolerable of humans & are often found in people's yards scavenging around...

I would think that a dragon of 4-5 years would be quite apt at interacting with its carer... I love these guys!!!!

I only have 2 live plants in there, the rest are fake plants, no idea what the live ones are, pinched them from around the pond in our garden.

They really suit your set up... I like the effect live plants have in enclosures... It makes quite a visual difference, Especially when you have real & fake together...

Nice one Miss Be... Has she settled down much? My guy is going on 7 months old & has just started relaxing & trusting me in the last 3 weeks... Before that he was quite flighty & timid

Thanks DeadlyDanny... Yeah he's quite settled and hasn't been flighty at all, he was handled quite alot by the breeder so I am assuming this helped. But I haven't "seen" him eat he is very shy when it comes to eating in front of us :)

Thanks DeadlyDanny... Yeah he's quite settled and hasn't been flighty at all, he was handled quite alot by the breeder so I am assuming this helped. But I haven't "seen" him eat he is very shy when it comes to eating in front of us :)

Ok that's great... Sounds like he's got a good nature... Seems to be a common trend amongst water dragons not eating in front of people... My guy was the same until recently...

edabyzy6.jpg

garemybe.jpg
e2y8unuz.jpg
re6y9u3e.jpg
y4a2azyr.jpg

Have done a few modifications since last updating pics... Always a work in progress... Continually changing & challenging their environment...

My three little monsters. Roughly 4 months old.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374123725662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374123725662.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 111
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374123794647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374123794647.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 104
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374123834119.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374123834119.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 95
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374123851926.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374123851926.jpg