Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I have some repti one moonlight tubes for night time but the geckos still seem to hide away do you just use a plain black light?

Yeah I only feed at night, Brett. They're at their best then :p

Need to get myself some ​S.taenicauda

Just a 100w black yeah,.....I think mine have gotten used to me as they are in the lounge with tv music and me all day so myabe that's why mine were not so bashful.

Sam it was so kool im going to try and video it but the camera I used is pretty grainy in good light so we'll see. I have uploaded another vid of youtube if anyones interested click here

Goldens arriving next weekend ;)

Does anyone know of S.Elderi in the hobby?

Last edited:
I have been feeding my Ciliaris (Spinytails) around 5ish and they wait till the crix come up the sticks.....well the other night I fed them at 9pm with just the black light on and soon as the crix hit the floor all four gex dropped out the tops like paratroopers it was mad to watch. you live n learn, late night feeding from now on.
LOL I love it when mine do that, occasionally they will even throw in a commando roll when they hit the ground, gecko in mouth.

So true Josh, Im super amazed at how much like a steel spring trap they are towards their feeding items, as you say throw themselves O-O and 99.8% on the money and nail it hey :D

Im really excited to see how big they get, mine I thought were going well till I saw this kid in youtube with this thing half his hand in size....so the Exo 60x45x60 will look good with a quad of 2 confirmed pairs (Thanks Chris AUSGECKO) I don't really want them to breed this their first season so will try n think of how to separate them.

Thanks for you input guys, these are very underated anyone know of S.Elderi??

Last edited:
Yeah, they get a decent size on them.

The colour on Chris' adults were incredible and his husbandry + service is second to none, so I'm glad I got my first ones off him.

As for S.elderi, I don't know of any one who currently keeps/breeds them. However, they definitely wouldn't be cheap. There was a trio for sale about a year and a half ago on RDU but with no price tag, just EOI.

There's also a funny thread on here somewhere regarding 3x apparent elderi to be given away in a DECC ballot. Turned out it was 3x O.tryoni lol -- look for a thread called 'Free Jewelled Geckos' or something

S. elderi are around but they are quite difficult to breed, they behave more like nephs than strophs from what i've been told by the person that has them. They are quite a small gex and quite spectacular in the flesh.

Ok thank you once again for the input guys, how much smaller at adult are the Goldens to the Spiny Ciliaris?

Agree Sam, Can't fault Chris on Animals,Service,Advice,Anything damn nice bloke too.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, shucks I'm blushing.....

Them elderi last year went for 3k the pair which was cheap, usually they go for around 2k each, I'm kicking myself for not grabbing them when I had the opportunity.

Ok thank you once again for the input guys, how much smaller at adult are the Goldens to the Spiny Ciliaris?

Agree Sam, Can't fault Chris on Animals,Service,Advice,Anything damn nice bloke too.
My Goldens and Spinys are probably the same length but the Spinys are much more robust

heres some of mine
_MG_8433.jpg

IMG_8426.jpg

_MG_8447.jpg

_MG_8455.jpg

I don't keep them, but what about a few wild pictures?

I've only got pics of two wild strophurus species, two secs while I find them From Chinchilla/Miles is the Golden tail Karratha is the Jeans striped. I know it's not in its natural habitat but that rock was where I found it taking shelter under a shade bag in the trench

Attachments

• Jeans striped gecko.JPG
    Jeans striped gecko.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 94
  • jeans striped gecko1.JPG
    jeans striped gecko1.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 100
  • jeans striped gecko2.JPG
    jeans striped gecko2.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMGP0674.JPG
    IMGP0674.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMGP0685.JPG
    IMGP0685.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP2645.JPG
    IMGP2645.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP2648.JPG
    IMGP2648.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Loven that slightly heavier black on the Golden. Great pics Jedi thanks for posting, Get my pair this weekend, woot :)

Wow jedi, that jeans stripe is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back