show us your SWCP's And enclosures :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys it is real helpful and any brands of thermostats you would recomend to be bought off ebay ? and will 100 watt inferred for night and 100 watt day glow be allright during the day i live in perth like many of you :)

Globes can be expensive as the can blow quite often. Dimming thermostats prolong the life of globes as the on/off makes them blow quicker with the fillament expanding and contracting all the time.
Ceramic heat emmitters last longer than globes and can be left on during the night. If you are feeding through winter it's important to make sure your python gets enough heat to aid in digestion. With out it the food can go rancid and poison your snake.
If you are getting a hatchie then a click clack set up with a heat cord is what you should be looking at first.

its an amzing enclosure what substrate and why type of door is on it? and beautiful snake hope they get introduced onto the WA keepers list :) like DEC said they are goin to do :)

Even if they got introduced to the wa keepers list you couldnt get an albino.... We can'y import pythons, so the chances of someone breeding an albino are pretty slim. Even if you could smuggle one over the border you'd have to be pretty stupid to try claiming that an albino is one that you bred. DEC would be taking a very close look at you and your animals.

I can't see anything drastic happening in the WA scene for a while, it's just no big enough industry to spend money and political time on.
But I love my Swc's and cannot wait to get a BHP and frillie.

sorry mate pics didn't work...^

and any more pics??? i was at a reptile park the other day and they exclaimed all of them can grow to 3 meters... i was sure it was :
male ; max 180cm
female; max 210 cm

bump

Last edited:
Someones been telling fibs :p

If you go down to Armadale Reptile Center if your nearby they have a few bigger then that. Mines just over a year old and Id take a guess at him getting close to 1m... ( could be wrong about my guess hope not ad im a tradie xD )

look at this one im working on 3.6 meters long 2.1 meters high and 80 deep30-7-2012 004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back