Silence of the Cats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not Jordo, but if it is the message he is trying to get across, and none of us really no, people will take notice of this. If it turns out to be his motive I garentee the message will hit home for many and I wouldn't be surprised if copy-cats popped up around the place to re-inforce the point. JMO,

I can't stand cats, I have never been a cat person and certainly never will be....

...but I am appalled at the number of people actually JUSTIFYING this idiots actions!!...

Hell, killing a cat on the street is bad enough...mutilating and skinning them...that's disturbed...

Actually suggesting that someone who considers that to be "the best way of getting his point across" would be normal is RIDICULOUS...in my experience the most simple answer is usually the correct one...this is a psychopath, not some wonderful crusader for the rights and lives of our native fauna...

...and just for information, studies have shown that mutilating and torturing small animals is often a direct precursor to psychopathic and homicidal tendancies as things progress...

It's entirely likely that the cats are being killed perfectly humanely, then skinned etc (in fact, it's extremely unlikely that the cats are being skinned alive). It sounds like the person in question is probably killing the cats to get a point across ("don't let your cat out at night, they torture wild animals"), and harvesting the skins while at it. There's nothing terribly unusual about people hunting animals for their skins or meat, the only difference here is that the hunter is targetting domestic animals rather than wild (although if a domestic animal is out at night, off its owner's land, perhaps it counts as wild anyway). All of the beef, lamb, etc etc you eat comes from animals which have been killed, skinned and "disemboweled" (a sensationalistic synonym for "gutted"). Dumping the skinned carcasses in public areas indicates that the person is probably trying to deliver an anti-cat message, rather than that person being a psychopath, as a psychopath would more likely dispose of the carcass quietly. Of course, you could focus on the less likely hypothesis and assume that there is a crazy man-hunter training himself with domestic cats, gaining sick, gratuitous, psychopathic pleasure from the horror of the owners of the victims; newspapers will certainly sell better with that style of story, which is why you have to remember to interpret what you read in them very carefully. Either way, keep your cat inside at night and it won't be hurt.... nor will it be torturing other wild animals slowly to death for entertainment (which for some reason, cat owners are rarely horrified by... hypocrisy? You decide).

clubbed, shot, run over, skun, gutted, WHO CARES its only a cat.

Yes sdaji but he took meat off the cat aswell, what sane person would have any use for meat :lol:

Been to the NT recently Sdaji? haha.
Weve shot cats on properties in the past and buried the remains. Humane way to dispose of a pest. This guy could have been quietly destroying nuisance cats for years, with the owners thinking their little kitty ran away.
When an animal runs away the owner goes out and buys another animal to make himself feel better, and the problem continues. This way, i think these people will be a little more hesitant about purchasing a pet then letting it roam the neighbourhood.

Jordan

Yes sdaji but he took meat off the cat aswell, what sane person would have any use for meat :lol:

Oh no! He is using the skins AND the meat! :shock: He must be a psycho! Most professional skin hunters leave the carcasses to rot out on the savanna. I wonder what they do with all the mink carcasses... seriously...

I'm wearing a leather belt, I own leather shoes, I ate dead fish yesterday! It had been killed, scaled, gutted, boned and cut into little pieces after being cooked! :shock: I was planning to eat fish again today! ...I'm off to turn myself in guys, before I strike again... I'm getting hungry and those cans of sardines are so easy to open!

Jokes aside, it's upsetting to see peoples' pet mutilated, even if they didn't suffer. It's also extremely sad to know that peoples' cats are out torturing wild animals (for every cat out on the loose, many wild animals are slowly tortured to death, so if the death of one cat upsets you, I suppose you should collapse into a large ball of depression if you spare a thought for their victims).

Jordan: heh, no, I haven't been to NT for a few years :( I see a few ferals in Victoria too, I've managed to deal with a few, although usually I have no way of catching them. I agree that the scare methods do work, while quietly killing them and disposing of the carcasses will lead to the owners purchasing a new one. Whether or not the ends justify the means in this case is arguable and I don't like touching the question with a 20' pole :lol:

Interesting to see you pop up just now, a few hours ago I was out walking and was thinking about our online scorpion discussions back in early 2000. I just tried to send you a PM, but you don't seem to have them enabled, send me an email - [email protected] it would be good to catch up.

i agree with some people on this site if u have a cat keep it inside

and also u go for a drive lookin to see wat wildlife u see and most the time u see cats cats and more cats it drives ya crazy to no australia is being overun by cats and cantoads i hate them both bloody feral creatures

clubbed, shot, run over, skun, gutted, WHO CARES its only a cat.

mate its a living thing that feels pain to say that kind of thing makes me sick yes they kill wildlife but so do snakes iv seen a monitor eating a BHP in the wild. how would you feel if it was your dog they killed and your kid found it all cut up. mate cat, dog, bird , rabit i dont care nothing deseves that kind of treatment.

mate its a living thing that feels pain to say that kind of thing makes me sick yes they kill wildlife but so do snakes iv seen a monitor eating a BHP in the wild. how would you feel if it was your dog they killed and your kid found it all cut up. mate cat, dog, bird , rabit i dont care nothing deseves that kind of treatment.

To be honest, if it was my dog (or even snake) and I'd let it roam, I'd blame no one but myself.

To be honest, if it was my dog (or even snake) and I'd let it roam, I'd blame no one but myself.
you would blame yourself if some sicko cut up your pet roaming or not roaming:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If someone came into my yard, no I would blame them. But if I let any animal under my control roam and enter other peoples property or public spaces not under my control, then they would have the right to do what they felt should be done to stop that animal being there.

Catskin coat anyone, catskin slippers ? Miserable cold fur it is.

A purpose for the skin and a message too.

Look for a fluffy person, shivering in winter. ;)

That must have been one skilled canine!

Pity there is no comment section on that story - would have made for some interesting reading.

IsK

iv seen a monitor eating a BHP in the wild

mate thats because these two animals co-exist in the natural eviroment and has been like that for thousands of years, but when we introduce feral animals its completely different, they are not the natural predators of Australia, therefore Australian native animals are not prepared for attacks by these animals, therfore any of these animals that are removed can only be of benfit to our native animals. Have you ever stopped to think about the hundreds of animals a cat kills, injures and yes tortures over its life time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back