Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To give my mum the gift of being herself again - she has severe dementia and is basically bed ridden and looks nothing like her former self.
Miss her so much......................:cry:

I wanted to buy my grandson (5) a GTF as they found a striped marsh frog and he wanted to keep it and look after it. But as both parents work and they have two cats I was told "no more pets".

A very close friend has lost her grandfather and her only brother/best friend in less than a fortnight,I wish I knew what to say to her to help.

I would love for my fiancee to have his mum back, they were great friends. She lost her battle with cancer 8 yrs ago. Obviously this is something I can't make happen. I never got to meet her but know she would be proud of her son and achieving the dreams he talked to her about. Also not having her when we had our son and sharing that experience with her was and still is a huge loss to us all. RIP Joan <3

To give my mum the gift of being herself again - she has severe dementia and is basically bed ridden and looks nothing like her former self.

I hear ya mate got the exact same thing happening, she has forgotten my sister but somehow still remembers me but for only months probably. Like you I miss that person formally known as Mum :(

I hear ya mate got the exact same thing happening, she has forgotten my sister but somehow still remembers me but for only months probably. Like you I miss that person formally known as Mum :(

Does not get any easier mate...............been 8 years now and its heart breaking.
I feel for u & your family.....
Take care,
Aleks.

I wish daughter could have her Mum back for just one day. My daughter was only 2 when she died, she doesn't remember her Mummy other than those memories that have become planted through us. I'd give up this Christmas with my family just so she could have one Christmas morning with her mum.

I would give my sister back her 3 and a half month old daughter she lost to SID's 4 years ago!! She already had 1 child when she lost Alana and has had another 2 kids since but she is still missed every day, especially special occasions like Xmas.

Seems like the thing we all want most is more time in it's many forms.

More time with lost children would be the biggest gift anyone could make happen for a grieving parent, it is one of those pains that just never gets easier, yeah sure, you will have 'good days', but not one minute passes without thinking of them & wanting to hold them again.........my heart aches for all those here who have lost babies, i know your pain all too well & i wouldnt wish it upon my biggest enemy.

My grandma has huntingtons, a muscle wasting disease. I too would love for her to be herself and get to know her 1 and only great grandchild. and i would love for my daughter to have an opportunity to have known her BEFORE she became this lady that sits in a chair all day waving and grunting, but not able to speak.

I would give anything for my fiance to have a christmas with his family. Its been 5 years now his not seen them over christmas due to work. Its just not the same as getting presents in the mail.

Some really heartfelt Christmas wishes there. Christmas can be a very hard time for a lot of people, until you are in that boat you probably do not understand.

I wish I won the 30 Million Lotto so that I can make my friends a whole lot happier and not have to worry about anything financial.
I read about this lady today in the paper who has a property in our area and takes in young brumby's , trains them and finds them good homes. She says they are much smarter than your average horse, she is looking for property and food to help her, so that money that I wish I had would help someone like her. I can also adopt a brumby for a nominal amount a week.
I would also love to spend some of the money on a HUGE property with mostly bush so that I can leave it in my will to someone like John Weigel on the condition that it is fenced off from ferals and have some endangered species raised and live there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fay,
does she have a website? I'd be interested too see about her.

I'd like to give my Grandmother her health back, it absolutely breaks my heart to hear her introduce herself to people now as "the invalid".
I don't know what I'd do without her witty charm in my life.

Yes there is some very heart felt christmas wishes out there its so lovely to read that people CAN think outside them self every now and then we forget to do this being so self absorbed and self consumed

I would like to give all the good people a big hug and all the bad people a punch in the nose!

There needs to be a dark side Santa for all the rubbish people out there!

Last edited:
Id love to bring my grandfather back for just one day for my whole family, he was the rock that kept us up and now each of us have fallen. Id love for him to see how big my daughter is now, she was only 3 months old when he passed away and the only time he would wake up at the end was when he heard her. We were all there for what we thought was the last day and i was there for 5minutes before she woke up and started crying, he woke up saying "gimme, gimme, gimme" as he always did when ever he seen her. The only time he smiled the whole time in hospital was when she was in his arms, he was completely besotted by her.
da.jpg

On a happier note i would buy my partner a female albino olive for our het male cause technically it would be mine since im the licence older :)

I would like to give all the good people a big hug and all the bad people a punch in the nose!

There needs to be a dark side Santa for all the rubbish people out there!

I like the idea Steve, maybe a vigilante group of Santa's kickin butt......Ho Ho Ho Happyyyyy Headbutt ;)

there are many people i want back but it would be to painful to have them leave again. My uncle doug and his wife (my best friend and confidant) Auntie jude both were seriously ill and died long deaths (cancer and multi-organ failure), my mums parents i never met but they too were long and drawn out illnesses, my great grandmother and my dads parents (grandad died 2yrs ago of dementia and dads mum died many years ago of motor neurone disease)......

all i can do is hold the memories and the stories i know close to my heart, have a cry when i miss them, need them, talk to them like a crazy person and look at photos but know they will be with me and they are who help me through each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back