Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do look the goods Brett,how many morelia eggs u reckon 1 tub woul'd fit in it ?

Hey Brett, how goes it...:)
I like the rest have procrastinated whether to get a few as well, they do look like a nicely made tub and well thought out!
Looks like your the guinea pig bro, like suggested, keep the thread updated with your experience, i'm sure CP.com is on a winner there and sole distributor!! :D
Lucky girl...lol ;)

Hey Brett, how goes it...:)
I like the rest have procrastinated whether to get a few as well, they do look like a nicely made tub and well thought out!
Looks like your the guinea pig bro, like suggested, keep the thread updated with your experience, i'm sure CP.com is on a winner there and sole distributor!! :D
Lucky girl...lol ;)

Hey Scott , yeah i had looked at these in the US before CP had them , so was keen to get soem to try out .
I will post some pics and updates as they go .

The Guys timed the release of this unit as well as the bigger unit with the breeding season in North America. I will have some in December. This unit will make pythone egg hatching effortless.

Good timing....
Well done for bringing a quality product to Oz! :D
The Guys timed the release of this unit as well as the bigger unit with the breeding season in North America. I will have some in December. This unit will make pythone egg hatching effortless.

just a question how would the eggs go if they were in a clump and not all seperated

It works just like any other tub , if they are clumped do as you normally would .

The big tub should fit a full carpet python clutch. I like seperating eggs so I fit 9 eggs per tub. I can also make sure everybody is happy and remove any trouble makers. I have found that less is more in these tubs. Less medium and less water works best, or only water. They incubate the eggs full term of course. I can view them from every angle without disturbing them. I can also air them without any disturbance. I should have some pythons hatching in about ten days. I shall post pics.

just a question how would the eggs go if they were in a clump and not all seperated

my understanding is you can remove the angled barriers from the trays to make them wider or narrower to suit what ever eggs you are putting in them..so if you had a clump you could just remove them altogether and sit the clump flat on the tray..
Maybe Brett or Nicole can correct me on that.

my understanding is you can remove the angled barriers from the trays to make them wider or narrower to suit what ever eggs you are putting in them..so if you had a clump you could just remove them altogether and sit the clump flat on the tray..

Hey Simmo
The little dividers just pop out of the slots , very easily too .

Last edited:
Yeah Simmo....the little dividers pop straight out like lego. The just click in place, so just lift them out and your done.

Cheers,
I thought that was the case.
Im going to order a couple for next season, no more to lay now.

Just wanted to add my latest clutch to the thread...

Attachments

• 13120906.jpg
    13120906.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 248
Im also giving the sim tubs a try.
Ive got 16 Frilled Neck Lizard eggs baking away.

My concern is that they dont build up any humidity in them at all (no condensation).
My incubator is running at 30.0 to 30. 5 degrees.
All eggs were candled at 2 weeks and looked real good.
Now at week 3, 7 of the 16 have caved in and look as though they wont hatch.

The SIM tubs look great and I cant think of a reason why they wouldnt work, but these eggs were fine and now they arnt.

Attachments

• FL 4.jpg
    FL 4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 179
Have you pushed the lid down hard? How much water have you got in the base? One cup should be enough. Have you got a hygrometer in the tub to measure the humidity? Of course it builds up humidity, it's a closed system. Could be the eggs were not fertile, no matter how hard you try then, they won't hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back