single again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That being the case I would be worried about it biting them... not for their sake, but for the safety of the snake...

*:rolleyes: disclaimer* What I'm saying here is in jest. I don't force anyone to do anything. I'm being stupid. Obviously, it's not allowed anymore so I'll just shut up and go sit in the idiot corner over there with Mattsnake after his telling off :lol: :?

I am gradually weeding out the friends who accept it and the ones who are just super judgemental. I wont go so far as to make them handle my MD but they must accept that she is my pet, just like they have pets and if they dont like it then they can piss off!!

i agree fully if they dont like it... tough luck

I am gradually weeding out the friends who accept it and the ones who are just super judgemental. I wont go so far as to make them handle my MD but they must accept that she is my pet, just like they have pets and if they dont like it then they can piss off!!

Been doing this for a while myself. Amazing how few friends you end up with :p Still way too many people with that strong irrational fear of snakes.

*:rolleyes: disclaimer* What I'm saying here is in jest. I don't force anyone to do anything. I'm being stupid. Obviously, it's not allowed anymore so I'll just shut up and go sit in the idiot corner over there with Mattsnake after his telling off :lol: :?

Jeez Emily didn't you know that humour isn't allowed here anymore? ;)
It had slipped my mind before I posted my little stab :lol:

Been doing this for a while myself. Amazing how few friends you end up with :p Still way too many people with that strong irrational fear of snakes.

One of my best friends had a severe phobia of snakes. Started off with her touching the snake and then 10 minutes of letting one of my bredli run through her hands and she didn't want me to put him back!

It's also been useful for keeping unwanted random guests turn up, because no matter how much you tell them, they think the snakes roam free :rolleyes::lol:

:shock: I'm normal.... :rolleyes:

I agree it is hard being a bloke owning snakes not to scare off the ladies. this has been an issue for me on countless occassions. i dont know if the fact that i live in the south eastern suburbs makes a difference to that though.

Bollocks!

When i was doing relocations for a living it was literally raining women for me. The day i quit and went back to teaching the drought started. The moral of this story: Women love snake catchers but they hate teachers.

Bollocks!

When i was doing relocations for a living it was literally raining women for me. The day i quit and went back to teaching the drought started. The moral of this story: Women love snake catchers but they hate teachers.

That's because you would have been attracting the "oh gee shucks thank you so much for saving me, mr... how ever can I make it up to you *bats eyelashes and pouts*"

As a teacher myself I think a lot of women (not fellow teachers) assume that if a male teacher isn't married then he must be gay lol. :lol:

That's because you would have been attracting the "oh gee shucks thank you so much for saving me, mr... how ever can I make it up to you *bats eyelashes and pouts*"

As a teacher myself I think a lot of women (not fellow teachers) assume that if a male teacher isn't married then he must be gay lol. :lol:

Fellow teachers are the worst lol!

When i meet girls now and they ask what i do i never tell them that i'm a teacher lol.

Yet most of the male teachers I know have married teachers?!?!

Bollocks!

Sorry gordo but in my personal experience that's just rubbish!

I've never been so lucky since I became a teacher... In fact, I am now wit the absolute love of my life - my one true love and my eternal partner.... since becoming a teacher.

Even at parties when asked 'what do you do?' comes the barrage of questions and sometimes even respect!!!

Though I'd expect the same of snake catchers too :)

Bollocks!

As a swim teacher it was the best time of my life for women, and when i was doin the travelling musician thing. But since becoming a nurse and working in disability (which is a female dominated industry)... worst luck ever. Must hate nurses also. (or fall in love with me when they see me in a tight wet shirt :p)

I get the gay question occasionally.. but they do it very sneaky. I bet if i wore a tight wet shirt doing nursing, even more people would think i was gay... odd what we can get away with ;)

Yeah I have a mate who is a nurse. He gets the gay thing about as much as my male teacher friends!

I take my hat off to the male teachers out there... I wouldnt do it for all the money in the world. The child protection stuff we as females have to contend with is enough for me, I couldnt imagine how bad it could be for the males.

As a swim teacher it was the best time of my life for women, and when i was doin the travelling musician thing. But since becoming a nurse and working in disability (which is a female dominated industry)... worst luck ever. Must hate nurses also. (or fall in love with me when they see me in a tight wet shirt :p)

I get the gay question occasionally.. but they do it very sneaky. I bet if i wore a tight wet shirt doing nursing, even more people would think i was gay... odd what we can get away with ;)

I get the gay question from every second girl i talk to, i'm nearly almost over it lol. The thing i hate the most is when girls say "Aaaaawwwww Oh my god that is sooo sweet!' Then i'm like 'Dammit woman i also have guns and kill animals for fun, i catch snakes and have a massive....... dog.' But by then it's too late and i've been placed ever so sweetly into the friend category.

Yeah I have a mate who is a nurse. He gets the gay thing about as much as my male teacher friends!

I take my hat off to the male teachers out there... I wouldnt do it for all the money in the world. The child protection stuff we as females have to contend with is enough for me, I couldnt imagine how bad it could be for the males.

Lol i had a student innapropriately grope me today. Had to have big meetings with parents and all that, it sucked lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back