skin torn off

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

affroalex

Reaction score
hi

i just went down to check my reptiles before lights out, and i found my wa stimsons girl curled up in a wierd coil so i picked her up and about 4.5 inches from her head the skin on her belly had been completely ripped up about 2 inched toward her head and just hanging there. i strait away shifted her cleaned her pen with bleach then rinsed about 5 times. what else should i do from what i can see it has torn any of her inside just seperated the skin from the body. now there are no vets that do reptiles here the nearest is 2.5 hours away. what else is there that i can do for her and just in case can anyone recommend a vet that will check her out in townsville

WOW thats not good then, someone with more experience please!!
I would suggest washing it with watered down iodine but im not completely sure. Warm quet place so she can rest is all i can say

this pic makes it look alot worse then it is its not bleedin much at all and it seems to be just the skinthats torn off.

Attachments

• Photo0091.jpg
    Photo0091.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 468
That doesnt look good, that needs to go to a vet asap for some stiches.

Have you got a pic of her enclosure the whole enclosure with everything in it?

Has you glass doors had the aris edge done ??? if not it look like it has sliced itself
on the sharp edge of the glass

That doesnt look good, that needs to go to a vet asap for some stiches.

Have you got a pic of her enclosure the whole enclosure with everything in it?

no i dont have any pics of her ensclosure and as i said i dont live anywhere near a vet and i dont know any vets in townsville that deal with reptiles

no i dont have any pics of her ensclosure and as i said i dont live anywhere near a vet and i dont know any vets in townsville that deal with reptiles

Looks like you are going to have to make a trip to the nearest herp vet then or put her down?

Has you glass doors had the aris edge done ??? if not it look like it has sliced itself
on the sharp edge of the glass

she is in a large click clack about 3.5 foot lond and 2 wide with a single brach in it that she rarely uses

buddy, id be taking her to a vet, the long drives worth it, its your pet. take care of him.....
it needs stitchs

if there no way you can get it to a vet now i would keep it in a very clean plastic tub with no substrate that can get into the wound keep it dark and warm and go for that long drive first thing in morning

i would not suggest that you have to put it down, it may be in pain but you would be the best judge of the severity. It looks pretty bad but im assuming if you could hold it and it didnt fight too bad, you might be right till tomorrow but i would get it to that vet asap

if there no way you can get it to a vet now i would keep it in a very clean plastic tub with no substrate that can get into the wound keep it dark and warm and go for that long drive first thing in morning

If this is the case wont the wound need to be kept moist so the skin doesnt dry out and die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back