Small-Eyed Snake Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont give up hope, iv heard of snakes turning up months after escaping. Im sure when your not even looking for him, he will turn up.

Dont give up hope, iv heard of snakes turning up months after escaping. Im sure when your not even looking for him, he will turn up.

I would get so elated if that happened... forget drugs- just find your lost snake!

How old is he? Your spotted, that is? And how long have you had it?

10 months old...
I've had him for 7 months... he escaped because the pet shop sold me a 3 ft tank that was meant to be 'Snake-Proof'.... after only 3 weeks, he found his way out.

I hope he turns up and to all who think if he (or the little small eyed ) gets eaten by cats or trodden by horses, you are #@*%ing hypocrites!!!

If these animals were not brought here by us then they would not be a threat to either a spotted or a small eyed, so we owe it to them to try to do the best for them.

In 1995 if you had a catch and release permit you had to release the animal within 20 km of where you caught it, this could be bad but in your case good, find a spot vermin free.

good luck finding your snake, btw hae ypu checked everywhere that has a really small hole or opening, he/she could be in your money box etc.

I hope he turns up and to all who think if he (or the little small eyed ) gets eaten by cats or trodden by horses, you are #@*%ing hypocrites!!!

If these animals were not brought here by us then they would not be a threat to either a spotted or a small eyed, so we owe it to them to try to do the best for them.

In 1995 if you had a catch and release permit you had to release the animal within 20 km of where you caught it, this could be bad but in your case good, find a spot vermin free.

good luck finding your snake, btw hae ypu checked everywhere that has a really small hole or opening, he/she could be in your money box etc.

Thanks for the info, I will do my best to find a nice spot close to home.

I have checked every hole there is... I even checked the water meter box outside.
He's not near my mice breeding tanks, or my rats... he hasn't been near my turtle tank...
The only place I can think where he is; is my next door neighbors garden. It's perfect Spotted Python habitat. And hence it's so thick and hard to search through.

You don't get it, do you? You're not going to find a vermin free spot. Cats aren't going to avoid an area just because you've declared it cat-free.

Cat's can't frequent an area where there are no houses.... only feral-kitties.

Why people dump kittens is beyond my understanding...
They're just stuffing up the eco-system.
Just get them put down or have your cat desexed, dumb-heads!

Anyway, thanks everyone.

I'll release this little guy somewhere where he can hide, and I'll make it as close as possible to my house.

And thanks for the support and hints to finding my little Spotted.

Why not? I'll be a hundred bucks that cats don't stay in rural areas. If there's bushland behind your house, why can't they be there? Even if they have a proper home.

Its a case of damned if you do/damned if you don't. Might as well end it quick and smack it over the head with a shovel.

cats cant frequent an area with no houses?????:?

and these feral kitties you speak of dont interfere with small eyeds??

:?

Release it in nearby bushland if you have that ability, releasing it as close as possible is ridiculous if that means releasing it near another backyard etc

Why not? I'll be a hundred bucks that cats don't stay in rural areas. If there's bushland behind your house, why can't they be there? Even if they have a proper home.

Of course, I said. AREA.
Not place.
An area such as a National Park.

cats cant frequent an area with no houses?????:?

and these feral kitties you speak of dont interfere with small eyeds??

:?

Uh, like I really said that feral cats are good.

Making asumptions, where I clearly had just said that there are feral cats where there are no houses, not house cats - and therefore the numbers are alot smaller.

Read the post I made below it for a full understanding of what I meant.

Point is... there's less cats where there are no people to own cats.
I'm not saying that I'm taking this guy there.
I'm saying that less houses = less pets = less cats.
Which I would say is a valid asumption.
I have not said that feral cats don't eat snakes, I said that they stuff up the ecosystem,
Hence, they eat wildlife = snakes (and others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back