Small-Eyed Snake Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Release it in nearby bushland if you have that ability, releasing it as close as possible is ridiculous if that means releasing it near another backyard etc

Why is that ridiculous? If you don't want to live near snakes you should move to the middle of the CBD of a large city, preferably several storeys up. If you live in an area where the properties have snakes on them, should you hope to exterminate them? If a snake turns up in your yard and you don't like it, it's generally best to relocate yourself rather than the snake (snakes don't live in colonies of one animal, so if there's one there's more and you just happened to see one of them). Since there are horses etc around, I assume she lives in a rural/semirural area, so it's not just a freak sighting of a snake, it's a local resident.

just let the snake go in the same spot you found it, it has survived this long so it will easily survive longer. as for the dogs and cats and horses, can I suggest a gun or a big trap lol. hope you find your snake aswell

i lost my spotted of around the same age recently so i just set up lots of hides on heat mats and he turned up in one a day later hope you have the same luck.

Why people dump kittens is beyond my understanding...
They're just stuffing up the eco-system.
Just get them put down or have your cat desexed, dumb-heads!

both those things cost money, and to be honest some people can't afford those things(my school goes on about it when ever we have something that costs money)

both those things cost money, and to be honest some people can't afford those things(my school goes on about it when ever we have something that costs money)

Well if they can't afford it then why get a cat in the first place?
Pets cost time and money... people need to understand that before they get a pet.
I think owning a cat should require a license, maybe people would be more responsible then.

Anyway, I released him a short walk from where I found him, right near a water source, and there's a tonne of lizards for him there too (that's their diet).

Maybe that's where he came from.

Why is that ridiculous? If you don't want to live near snakes you should move to the middle of the CBD of a large city, preferably several storeys up. If you live in an area where the properties have snakes on them, should you hope to exterminate them? If a snake turns up in your yard and you don't like it, it's generally best to relocate yourself rather than the snake (snakes don't live in colonies of one animal, so if there's one there's more and you just happened to see one of them). Since there are horses etc around, I assume she lives in a rural/semirural area, so it's not just a freak sighting of a snake, it's a local resident.

I didn't say that I didn't like him in my yard... I just didn't want my dogs getting bitten, or the snake getting eaten by my dogs. That simple.

If you read the first post; you will see that I just got him in time... my dog had his head at him, and the snake was grumpy (cause he tried to bite me).

just let the snake go in the same spot you found it, it has survived this long so it will easily survive longer. as for the dogs and cats and horses, can I suggest a gun or a big trap lol. hope you find your snake aswell

Haha... yeah, cats should all be trapped if they're stupid enough to wander away from their home.

i lost my spotted of around the same age recently so i just set up lots of hides on heat mats and he turned up in one a day later hope you have the same luck.

I tried that trick.
Thanks for trying to help though.
I'm glad you found your little guy. :)

I didn't say that I didn't like him in my yard... I just didn't want my dogs getting bitten, or the snake getting eaten by my dogs. That simple.

If you read the first post; you will see that I just got him in time... my dog had his head at him, and the snake was grumpy (cause he tried to bite me).

I was quoting the guy who said it's ridiculous to let it go near where you caught it and responding to him, not you ;) Since you've responded to me though, keep in mind that you're unlikely to be able to wipe out the local snake population and if a snake decided to come on to your land it's likely there will be more and you'll be lucky (unlucky?) if you see more than one in a thousand of them unless you're keenly looking. Either way I'm not fussed; if you let it go a short walk away you probably haven't caused much damage and you probably feel better.

I was quoting the guy who said it's ridiculous to let it go near where you caught it and responding to him, not you ;) Since you've responded to me though, keep in mind that you're unlikely to be able to wipe out the local snake population and if a snake decided to come on to your land it's likely there will be more and you'll be lucky (unlucky?) if you see more than one in a thousand of them unless you're keenly looking. Either way I'm not fussed; if you let it go a short walk away you probably haven't caused much damage and you probably feel better.

I wouldn't want to wipe out the snake population. :(

I'm fine with snakes on my land as long as they don't get themselves in trouble with my dogs...
Which is what was about to happen to this little guy.

I have been keenly looking... (AKA looking for my escaped python).
If I find a snake in my yard, and know that it has a quick escape/hide-away, I won't bother it.
What's the point in risking a bite if the snake's not in danger?

And yes, I do feel better in knowing that:
1) My dog didn't get bitten.
2) That the snake didn't get attacked.
3) That I released him close to home, but somewhere with more shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back