snake ate sustrate!... do i need to be worried?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest404

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Have a Stimpson's Python, it was feeding night, he's approx 50cm, he's managed to down a small chunk of his substrate along with his fuzzy... questions basically do i need to be worried, if so what do i do! :/ already worried, is why i'm asking for help... tried searcging on google and couldn't find anything helpful...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thankyou,
tempest

What substrate do you use?. If its any of the usual suspects I don't think you have anything to worry about. When snakes eat in the wild all manner of 'substrate' sticks to consumed prey especially if the prey is wet when constricted and then dragged along the ground. Relax and stop worrying. Just do as I am sure you always do and keep a watchful eye on your snake.

Welcome to the Forum by the way nice to have you with us.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Last edited:
As long as your substrate is not sharp it shouldnt be an issue, I had a Black Headed Python given to me recently that had swallowed a whole T Shirt! Snake managed to pass it through and is doing just fine

Another "flash" substrate mishap....just use newspaper and b4 anybody jumps on me why do we see these stories all over the web solar 17

As long as your substrate is not sharp it shouldnt be an issue, I had a Black Headed Python given to me recently that had swallowed a whole T Shirt! Snake managed to pass it through and is doing just fine

i need to know how the hell this happened :) all sorts of visions running through my head...

By the way its Stimson python, There is NO "P" in the name and never has been :)

Welcome to the sight firstly, secondly I would not worry about it eating the substrate because it isn't too expensive and easily replaced. Sorry about that , since your question was already answered I couldn't resist the joke.

Yeah I heard about this was it not that fly weight boxer who was still wearing it at the time?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

thank you endeavour, i'll keep a close watch over him... substrate used was critter crumble... i think it's broken up coconut husks or something.... was just what the pet shop reptile department reccomended

Critter crumble is all natural my snakes have ate it before never had a problem passing. Now I tub feed because its less chance of heaps of substrate and it lets me clean the tank without a python following my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back