Snake eats cat? Cat eats snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dear sir, it seems unfair to handpick a few emotional comments to represent "pommies". I assure you it is not a question of cats versus snakes, as this blog's tone seems to make out. People do like both, like myself! Many people said the snake did what came to it naturally but it was the person who was at fault. Why have you not mentioned those comments? People do say things when they are angry, but it does not equate to what a sadist planned and carried out.

The person posted something similar (allegedly) last year, suffocating 2 kittens to xmas music. To identify this person two newspapers and now others have joined in the campaign to catch this sadistic person who has promised more feeding videos.Please remember that it is people like he who give responsible snake owners a bad name.

There is no doubt that this guy is pretty screwed up
I stated that clearly in my post
But the reaction from the POMMIES [Australian term of endearment for Englishmen] was so far over the top it was ludicrous
Going by the comments you would also have to seriously worry about the sanity of many of those posters

IP address is from England but it appears the person responsible does not reside in nor has ever visited England under the pseudonym he used when posting the video, so IP means absolutely zero in this case

Jeanine
Nobody thinks its ok to live feed kittens and post videos on Utube
All would agree that the poster needs help
But most would also question the huge double standards simply because this was a kitten

It's not a double standard. Humans will naturally react like that when an animal they sympathise with dies. Kittens, dogs and other mammals have facial features which humans relate too. Snakes, reptiles, birds, fish etc. don't have those features and so humans desensitise from them when pain or death occurs. There was a study on this but can't be bothered finding it.

But the more crucial point is, that this persons willingness to hurt such an animal for fun means he's not in touch with that sympathising human aspect. People who commit these acts will often move on to hurting humans.

Echiopsis , Where did you get these kittens and how were they killed ?

They were ferals, picked them up on a call out. Cervical dislocation did the trick, wouldnt try it on an adult but is quick and effective on young ones.

In many countries id be eating them myself......your point?

Your just another person whos irrationally emotional when it comes to cats, no surprise there.

To add to that, i actually own an indoor cat, i just dont let my emotions cloud my vision as many cat owners do.

Last edited:
Vets are not emotional, did you read about eithics? Perhaps boasting about feeding your reptiles with stray cats you kill yourself seems macho , but it is precisely this type of behaviour and talk that gives a bad name to responsible owners. There is enough feed available as food for snakes and reptiles, so what is your goal in looking for strays (for all purposes they may not be) except to save money? To be honest I think you are the type of person who enjoys the attention this conversation is giving you so I will leave it there.

lol "homeless cats"

anthropomorphism much

Vets are not emotional, did you read about eithics? Perhaps boasting about feeding your reptiles with stray cats you kill yourself seems macho , but it is precisely this type of behaviour and talk that gives a bad name to responsible owners. There is enough feed available as food for snakes and reptiles, so what is your goal in looking for strays (for all purposes they may not be) except to save money? To be honest I think you are the type of person who enjoys the attention this conversation is giving you so I will leave it there.

Feral cats are a huge problem over here. They are euthanised either way, whether they get fed afterwards to his snake or not. They may as well not be wasted.
Cervical dislocation is a legal method of euthanasia of pest species.

Last edited:

I'm not boasting, im stating fact. I dont need to read about ethics but it seems you may need to, cervical dislocation is ethical. The fact you dont have the stomach to do it doesnt make it illegal :lol:
I dont look for strays, or ferals for that matter, but if i come across them I have no qualms recycling them. Even if i didnt feed them into my snakes i would still kill them, it would be irresponsible not too. Considering the fact there wasnt another house within 60kms id hazard a guess that the female and her litter were feral, fair assumption?

What makes a rat any different to a cat Jezza? Ill add that i also breed rats and mice for snake food, these are also killed via cervical dislocation or CO2.

Dump the emotions and you might lift your IQ past that of the cats you love oh so much.

You are not going to get a rise our of me with your immature insults. Perhaps emotional is what people have called you, since you lack self control and try to intimidate in a discussion. I don't discuss with bullies, so go that is the last attention you are getting from me.

Last edited:
jeremyz, I fail to see what the problem is using feral cats as reptile food. In Australia feral cats are a huge problem and any found are disposed of. Is it better if they are just destroyed? What's the problem if people use them to feed their reptiles instead? I realise there is an issue with the general public hearing about the cuddly cats being used as the terrible snake's food, but that's why you don't hear the knowledgeable, responsible reptile keepers advertising their pets' diets (not that it's a particularly popular choice of food regardless).

As a new comer to this forum it is immediately apparent that there is a hostile attitude here with generalisations of "cuddly cats" "bad snake's food" . You are repeating your friends assumptions about what people think, which immediately ruins any chance of holding a meaningful discussion. I come from the UK and do not know about feral cats situation in Australia. In my opinion and many others, killing animals should be regulated. Not every Tom Dick or Harry should be able to collect an animal and "euthanase" it. This will open opportunity for all types of idiots to abuse animals and cause suffering. Many people in UK think there should be legislation to require owners to hold a Licence so that only responsible people own these type of animals. Look, this is a reptile forum and I will be in the minority here. Your friend even said he does not need to know about Ethics, all is required is to have a stomach for killing. Unfortunately this type of talk will make readers think people who buy reptiles are immature guys playing macho. Don't shoot the messanger, but it just goes to confirm what general public feels.

Last edited:
Well, i've not seen the video nor would l ever go looking for it. I love reptile and plan to get many more. Whilst cat/kittens are cute abd furry, l don't like them therefore would never have one BUT having said that, i don't HATE them nor do l wish them harm.

Well, the idiot (for want of a better word) that took the video and plans to do more), has got exactly what he wanted. Attention..Not only has he got attention for us (APS) but people right around the world, he's got us bickering and fighting with eachother, so guess what? He wins... His intent for posting something so horrible was to gets attention and he's sure done that

Dear Ajandj this is not about whether it is a cat, guinea pig or rabbit. not about disliking snakes or reptiles wither. On this occasion someone used a cat. Perhaps the publicity will end in his being caught and punished. Perhaps that would prevent other idiots from thinking it is "clever" to buy a 10 ft python for the purpose of torturing animals for pleasure, and perhaps the ownership of pythons will be regulated as the result. Some things have come to light that will make Welfare Organisations think.
BTW, if the reptile in your avetar is one of your pets, it is extremely cute. You see, I think they are lovely as well!

Last edited:
Jeremyz
If the pommies [Australian term of endearment] hadnt gone so over the top in their initial response to this idiot, you would probably have got a lot more sympathy
We know and fully understand that this guy has problems
Your feeding frenzy fed his appetite really well
But we also realise that there have been many other videos of fairly similar nature [although that one was quite well choreographed] that not a word was said about because they didnt involve cats dogs or other fluffy mammals

The sympathy level for cats is much lower in Aus than elsewhere for a very valid reason
You have lots of cats and very few reptiles
As our cat population increases our reptile/bird population decreases as cat are one of the most predatory animals on Earth
Most of us have zero problem with house cats
But feral cats get zero sympathy here from any environmentalist

As far a regulating snakes in England
About bloody time as any idiot in England can buy sell import export etc with very limited control except for DWAs
[death wriggling around] and the very few on the Cites list

Maybe if we glue artificial fur and whiskers on to snakes, people will change their minds?

If you feel I was being hostile, then I apologise. That wasn't my intention at all. As for how I think people view "cuddly cats and terrible snakes", that's no delusion, at least not in Australia. The opinion of others is evident in the media and even organisations like RSPCA. They'll jump up to save some kittens, but won't lift a finger to help some reptiles. Last time I called them to report abuse to pet lizards, they told me to call the EPA (the environmental protection agency) who told me to call the RSPCA. See a trend?

I agree not anyone should be able to collect animals and euthanise them. I assume if he's getting call outs then he's involved in rescue or something similar. Won't know until he's asked :p

You are not going to get a rise our of me with your immature insults. Perhaps emotional is what people have called you, since you lack self control and try to intimidate in a discussion. I don't discuss with bullies, so go that is the last attention you are getting from me.

So your an ignorant pom with absolutely no knowledge about the feral situation in Australia, dictating to Australians what they should and shouldnt do? Mate, you need your head read.

Its irrational, emotional, uneducated people such as yourselves they do the most damage. I work in the field as a consultant, working with fauna. I see what affect feral cats (and other animals) have on endangered species. If it was up to you we'd leave them all there because 'its the humans fault' theyre there, thats the standard line isnt it? We put them there, we need to take them back out as far as im concerned.

Im not a bully, i just cant sit back while the emotional uneducated spew rubbish.

This thread is going down the same path as every other 'cat' thread...this is why they get closed or deleted as people just cannot stay civil to each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back