snake escaped and ate my budgies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the loss of your birds. My fiance has always told me only big birds in the house so now i only have 1 big bird in the house. A yellow tail black cockatoo. All 3 of our snakes have seen the bird but wont get to close to him thankfully. The bird is in the kitchen/dining area and the snakes are at the back of the house. You must admit your snake did look pretty happy in the cage.

I know I'm a little late off the mark replying to this thread.. But I've gotta say, I find it kinda sad, the amount of people that think this is amusing. I've got a quaker parrot, and if she ever got eaten like this, I'd be absolutely devastated.. Parrots are incredibly intelligent, and laughing at a couple of them getting killed is a little sick in my opinion.

Does go to show though.. You can't be too careful with snake-proofing your enclosures..

I think it might've be "silly" to keep the birds so close to a snake enclosure...I would've been more concerned about parasites from the birds' feathers drifting into the snake enclosure...

i was thinking the same thing he was hungry but could be another reason

Snakes are opportunity feeders. He didn't just decide to pack his bags and go hunting for budgies to eat. OBviously while he was exploring he found an opportunity he could not refuse. He might have fit into their cage but you're lucky he couldn't get back out while the budgies were so freshly bulging his belly.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I'm a little late off the mark replying to this thread.. But I've gotta say, I find it kinda sad, the amount of people that think this is amusing. I've got a quaker parrot, and if she ever got eaten like this, I'd be absolutely devastated.. Parrots are incredibly intelligent, and laughing at a couple of them getting killed is a little sick in my opinion.

Does go to show though.. You can't be too careful with snake-proofing your enclosures..

I don't think anybody means it in a cruel way. Just the way he wrote the title was enough to get a laugh. I love quakers. They are gorgeous little parrots - a pest in their own country yet expensive to buy here.

i have noticed in other threads wen people live feed a snake so many people get their nickers in a knot but wen 2 budgies get left next to a snake enclosure that is not escape prof and they get killed people find it ok and amsuing. birds are smart all 4 of my birds talk and respond to questions if they got eaten by a snake i'd be crushed, and the snake would probably be 6 foot under.

sorry for your loss, but next time keep them in separte rooms.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back